FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Kirkjufellsfoss

killersnowman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kirkjufellsfoss

Might as well start off my Iceland images with the most disappointing shot i took. The weather was horrible and nothing can really prepare you for how close and touristy this location is. But i braved the gale force winds and the insane mist and was actually able to pull a couple shots that added up to a single shot with no water spots. wooo hoooo. Iceland Rocks!

http://www.tsbphoto.com/img/s8/v80/p1486998765-5.jpg

Canon EOS 5DS R, f/10 @ 16 mm, 1.3s, ISO 100

Sep 20, 2015 at 08:35 PM
mstrickland
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kirkjufellsfoss

Sick. Good job capturing a wide range of contrast. I like the subtle detail in the sky with the dark shadows behind the waterfall. Also like the take in B&W. Don't see a lot of those from this location.

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:08 AM
Rohanban
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kirkjufellsfoss

I like what you have here. I wish we could have a bit more faster of a shutter speed.. that way some of the details on the water (in my opinion ofcourse) could be shown better I love that giant rock in the background!

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:17 AM
Rockskipper

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kirkjufellsfoss

That almost looks like two photos stitched together - a wild place.

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kirkjufellsfoss

Hey Tyler,

Iceland? Man, how cool that you got to go there!

I like the look of this, as it does give off a very cold and wild feel to it. I can imagine how hard it would be to have taken this in those conditions. That's great you were able to pull an image out of it.

And I don't see this as 2 photos stitched together, I am not even sure what would give someone that impression.

Jim

Sep 21, 2015 at 01:14 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kirkjufellsfoss

Great shot. Kirkjufell looks slightly distorted from what I have seen in past photos but overall a nice image with a good B+W treatment!

Sep 21, 2015 at 01:19 PM
smmokan16
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Kirkjufellsfoss

I agree with Hardcore- the mountain itself looks kind of odd, almost like you thinned it out by 10-20% somehow.

That's too bad it was crowded when you were there. When I visited last summer (early August), I was the only one there over the course of 90+ minutes at sunset.

Sep 21, 2015 at 01:28 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Kirkjufellsfoss

it's an alien landscape for sure, and well-presented
is it just me? I can't help but see an odd, alien face in the lower half of that mountain! Adds to the other-worldly feel.
Got to get there.
nice to see a BW version

Scott

Sep 21, 2015 at 04:16 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Kirkjufellsfoss

Thanks dude. I appreciate it.

mstrickland wrote:
Sick. Good job capturing a wide range of contrast. I like the subtle detail in the sky with the dark shadows behind the waterfall. Also like the take in B&W. Don't see a lot of those from this location.

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:19 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Kirkjufellsfoss

Thanks Jim. It was quite a trip! I appreciate your comments

Thanks

Tyler

JimFox wrote:
Hey Tyler,

Iceland? Man, how cool that you got to go there!

I like the look of this, as it does give off a very cold and wild feel to it. I can imagine how hard it would be to have taken this in those conditions. That's great you were able to pull an image out of it.

And I don't see this as 2 photos stitched together, I am not even sure what would give someone that impression.

Jim

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:41 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.