Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Antelope Canyon Trip, Photo 4, Native American Woman praying to flames:m...

billsamuels
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Antelope Canyon Trip, Photo 4, Native American Woman praying to flames:more to it than meets the ey

When the sun comes through Lower Antelope Canyon, you can toss sand into the sunrays and it stands out and it's very pretty. This woman appears to be preying to this amazing cliff face that looks like an Indian Warrior.

Except, when I tried to fix some color problems in PS, it didn't come out as I had hoped. I'm not sure if it's better, surreal, or messy.

I tried to make the warrior stand out and after hours of trying to do this, I don't know if I was successful or not.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Bill

Sep 14, 2015 at 09:04 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Antelope Canyon Trip, Photo 4, Native American Woman praying to flames:more to it than meets the ey

Hey Bill,

It looks overexposed as the main issue. You won't really know if there is a color issue until the exposure is corrected. Was it this overexposed in the Raw? It's common for the beam of light to get overexposed, but not the surrounding rocks.

Jim

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:52 PM
Greg Campbell
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Antelope Canyon Trip, Photo 4, Native American Woman praying to flames:more to it than meets the ey

Do you have a RAW file you can post somewhere?

Sep 15, 2015 at 01:19 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Antelope Canyon Trip, Photo 4, Native American Woman praying to flames:more to it than meets the ey

Greg Campbell wrote:
Do you have a RAW file you can post somewhere?

Greg,

I guess you don't spend much time in the Landscape Forum, but we don't need to ask the OP to post their Raw files. All you have to do is ask him like I did if his image was overexposed in the Raw file.

Besides, why would you care about a photo posted from one of your most despised locations, your self described "Jackalope Canyon"?

Jim

Sep 15, 2015 at 01:25 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.