Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

gophillies74

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

I have the camera set up with two memory cards, slot 2 is overflow. Both Sandisk 16gb, one is an Extreme the other an Extreme Pro. I used to check the box in ACR to have all files deleted after downloading. When doing this I would start using the camera again and the camera would only recognize the card in slot 2...So I stopped checking that box and formatting the card after each use. Now I just return from a shoot where I took over 200 shots. Put slot one card in reader...only 35 images..what?? Put slot two card in reader and there are the rest of my 200 + images....why?..Has anyone had these problems? Is there a way to switch cards somehow that I'm unaware of and doing it unknowingly?

Sep 14, 2015 at 07:34 PM
joefoo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

Some people recommend only deleting images by formatting the card in the camera. I always cut from the camera and paste to my computer in windows, never had any problems.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:31 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

Card reader via drag and drop. Been doing it since 1999. Rename then drag/drop to its new home.

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:39 PM
lorac
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

Hmmm, that's strange. I always copy from memory card to computer via card reader, then format card in camera.

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:48 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

lorac wrote:
Hmmm, that's strange. I always copy from memory card to computer via card reader, then format card in camera.

that's the best, quickest (depending on your reader) and most efficient way

Sep 15, 2015 at 06:22 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

+1 for drag & drop from a card reader, and only formatting the card(s) in-camera. If you're having issues it's probably because you are not doing one or both of those things.

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Geoff CB
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

As other have stated, reformat the cards in camera. Don't just delete them all from Lightroom/Capture One etc, this leads to corrupt cards.

Sep 15, 2015 at 03:15 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D750 Memory card problems....anyone else?

I had an instance where for no reason that I could tell, my Sandisk (32mb) quit so the D750 started writing to the 2nd overflow card. When I first put card #1 into my iMac card reader, it wouldn't wake up. It only did so when I put it back into the camera. Taking it out again and inserting into the iMac, I was able to transfer all my images.

I always format in camera and use Finder to drag & drop. I always use Bridge to sample and verify that my images have transferred error free before formatting.

Sep 16, 2015 at 03:48 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.