New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Berlin

Jonas Ottos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Berlin

Some shots from Berlin last week. The memorials in Berlin for those who lost their lives due to the policies of the Third Reich are sobering and respectful places, keeping the memories of the victims alive and a reminder and a warning for future generations.

A memorial for gypsies who lost their lives in the concentration camps of WWII

The Holocaust Memorial

Topography of Terrors - the history of the Gestapo and their reign of terror.

Topography of Terrors - the Berlin Mauer

Sep 13, 2015 at 03:49 PM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Berlin

it is a grim reminder of the history... nicely captured. Love # 1 & 2

Sep 15, 2015 at 07:08 PM
Jonas Ottos
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Berlin

vilimo wrote:
it is a grim reminder of the history... nicely captured. Love # 1 & 2

Thanks villimo. Yes these monuments are a grim reminder of history and the German people really deserve a lot of praise for their efforts in reminding us all of what can and has happened when we allow prejudice and hatred to lead. It would have been much easier to bury the shameful past and hope people would forget.

Jonas.

Sep 17, 2015 at 06:17 AM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Berlin

Jonas Ottos wrote:
Thanks villimo. Yes these monuments are a grim reminder of history and the German people really deserve a lot of praise for their efforts in reminding us all of what can and has happened when we allow prejudice and hatred to lead. It would have been much easier to bury the shameful past and hope people would forget.

Jonas.

You can substitute Nazi's with ISIS, Syria......the list of prejudice and hatred lessons of the past sometimes gets lost in the modern era.....

Sep 19, 2015 at 08:01 AM
Ipanematom
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Berlin

Jonas:

Thank you so much for these photos as they revive my memories of the Berlin I love so much and served in from 1974-79. I served in Berlin with the only clandestine Green Beret unit stationed behind the Iron Curtain. The story of that unit is just now coming to light. Just look up the site: www.detachment-a.org

Sincerely,

Juan Renta

Sep 23, 2015 at 02:14 PM
Jonas Ottos
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Berlin

Ipanematom wrote:
Jonas:

Thank you so much for these photos as they revive my memories of the Berlin I love so much and served in from 1974-79. I served in Berlin with the only clandestine Green Beret unit stationed behind the Iron Curtain. The story of that unit is just now coming to light. Just look up the site: www.detachment-a.org

Sincerely,

Juan Renta

Thank you for this Juan. Saw the clip with you on the website, very interesting. This must have been a very difficult job and the pressure on you and your team tremendous. Berlin today is a fantastic city, vibrant and friendly.

Jonas.

Sep 24, 2015 at 04:54 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.