New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Ladybug

rongwam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ladybug

I do not usually do macro shoots, but I could not resist it when I saw this ladybug in my backyard. I captured it and let it climb on a small plant while I set up a macro shot with Canon 100/2.8 macro lens against a background which has a sunflower. The image was cropped. Saturation and contrast were enhanced in post. Would love to hear some feedbacks and suggestions. Here is it....

© Henry Nguyen 2015

Sep 11, 2015 at 05:22 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ladybug

Love the background ad I think it is key to this shot. Really not that close up of the ladybug for me to think of this as a macro shot of the ladybug. But I think you have a strong image here.
As cropped, the bottom of the sunflower is truncated. If you have room, I would prefer to see more of the dark center, making the ladybug almost a "sunrise" find, small in a larger scene.
Scott

Sep 11, 2015 at 06:40 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ladybug

This is a great set-up shot.

Sep 11, 2015 at 06:53 PM
georgetd
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ladybug

Great depth of field on the bug and leaf. Nice out of focus background. Good contrasty colors. I think it came out really well.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:13 PM
rongwam
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ladybug

Thanks Scott, Ben, and George for your positive feedbacks.
@Scott: I will consider another version from your suggestion to include more center part of the sunflower.

Sep 14, 2015 at 04:36 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.