FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · D7200 First Impressions

Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · D7200 First Impressions

Gunzorro wrote:
Andre -- No pictures? Just a bunch of jabbering. I'd have been photographing the house inside until midnight, at least!

Let's get some images and your impressions.

Actually, that's an issue I have been having as of late. I can't get anything from FB or Flickr to post here on FM anymore. It's been hell. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sep 11, 2015 at 01:06 PM
henry albert
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D7200 First Impressions

TooManyShots wrote:
He will keep shooting the D300 because it has better ergonomic. The D7200 is what D7100 should have been. That's it. In fact, both D7100 and D7200 are identical in their layouts and size but with an upgraded sensor and buffer size. I find all D7xxx series bodies a bit too small. Is not bad once you add a grip. But the D300? It feels good even without the grip.

And marginally better ergonomics trump better AF and image quality every time.

Sep 11, 2015 at 01:15 PM
fdevyatkin
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D7200 First Impressions

Can you use easy ISO in manual mode?
I just use it in A or S, because in M both wheels are in use.
Fred

CanadaMark wrote:
If the "consumer" ISO button placement bothers you, you can just use easy ISO on one of the dials, or assign a different button to ISO. That's what I used to do with my D600.

Sep 12, 2015 at 07:12 AM
james.d53
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D7200 First Impressions

Good luck with your new camera Andre. I know you have been waiting for a long time. Sorry that it couldn't have been the mystical D400!

James

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:36 PM
1KDS

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D7200 First Impressions

CanadaMark wrote:
If the "consumer" ISO button placement bothers you, you can just use easy ISO on one of the dials, or assign a different button to ISO. That's what I used to do with my D600.

I'm using a D600 also (when it gets back from Nikon that is) and the ISO adjustment annoys me, ISO isn't an option for either of the programmable front buttons (Preview and Fn) is there a way to map it to another button so I could press that button and rotate one of the command dials?

Sep 17, 2015 at 06:24 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D7200 First Impressions

1KDS wrote:
I'm using a D600 also (when it gets back from Nikon that is) and the ISO adjustment annoys me, ISO isn't an option for either of the programmable front buttons (Preview and Fn) is there a way to map it to another button so I could press that button and rotate one of the command dials?

It's been a little while so I don't remember if you can do it with a button hold plus dial turn, but try this:

My Menu --> Add Items --> Shooting Menu --> ISO Sensitivity Settings

Then, remap the fn button or DOF preview button to "Access Top Item in My Menu" (custom setting f2 and f3)

If you want to use a dial, and if you don't shoot in "M" mode, the easiest thing to do is enable Easy ISO Mode. Go into custom menu item d3 and enable Easy ISO. In "P" or "S" mode, the sub command dial will control ISO. In "A" mode, the main command dial will control ISO. That's what I ended up using, since I shoot in "A" mode most of the time.

Hope that helps.

Sep 17, 2015 at 09:27 PM
1KDS

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · D7200 First Impressions

Thanks for the reply, I shoot in M so easy ISO doesn't work for me, I will have to try the "My Menu" setting once it gets back from the shutter replacement. I just wish they allowed ISO as one of the selectable items when mapping the Fn or Preview buton.

Sep 17, 2015 at 09:47 PM
Kent_Photo
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · D7200 First Impressions

Any news on D400?

Sep 22, 2015 at 07:40 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.