New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2015 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Regarding my D7200 which was supposed to arrive today ...

Per UPS Tracking:

"A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

Sep 09, 2015 at 05:36 PM
jancohen
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

UPS

Sep 09, 2015 at 05:41 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

you've been waiting years for this camera, whats another day

Sep 09, 2015 at 05:41 PM
RDXX

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Andre, It's unbelievable that I'm actually following your updates. I think a lot of us on this forum are waiting for you to get your hands on this camera.

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:13 PM
rick2906
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Maybe, Nikon sent you a D400 instead!! You never know!!|

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:18 PM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It could be worst...with UPS...or for all carriers....

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:18 PM
RoyC
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Andre Labonte wrote:
Regarding my D7200 which was supposed to arrive today ...

Per UPS Tracking:

"A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled."

I have always wonder what e-mail message UPS would send to one when one of their trucks, carrying your package, slammed into a interstate HWY abutment at 70 mph and there was a minor delay for a frontend loader to scrap the boxes up and dump them into another truck.

Thanks!!!

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:22 PM
jim allison
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Take 5 deep breaths. In through the nose and out through the mouth. This too will pass!

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:35 PM
Jason_Brook
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Lol not as bad as the infamous "train derailment".

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:38 PM
jhinkey
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ah, our first world problems, I feel your pain.
Same as UPS showing up 30 seconds after you left for that 10 minute errand and leaving the dreaded "signature required - will try again tomorrow" note on the door

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:47 PM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

RoyC wrote:
I have always wonder what e-mail message UPS would send to one when one of their trucks, carrying your package, slammed into a interstate HWY abutment at 70 mph and there was a minor delay for a frontend loader to scrap the boxes up and dump them into another truck.

Thanks!!!

That's spooky - I was going to say about the same thing (yours was better than mine).

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:56 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

This is much better news than this message I received. "Your package did not arrive at its next waypoint due to a weather related incident. We are searching for your package and will deliver it when we find it."

it arrived on schedule the next day yet I received tracking updates for 4 days and then was informed that it was delivered on that day at 3pm.....

How did they do that?

Edited on Sep 09, 2015 at 08:51 PM · View previous versions

Sep 09, 2015 at 07:20 PM
ahamp
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Boy! You can't catch a break. Can't even get your D400 substitute in a timely fashion. Hopefully, your delay won't be as long as your wait for the Nikon unicorn.

Sep 09, 2015 at 07:26 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

jim allison wrote:
Take 5 deep breaths. In through the nose and out through the mouth. This too will pass!

Like a kidney stone!

Sep 09, 2015 at 08:28 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ha-ha! I thought you opened the box and it was a teeny-tiny camera!

Sep 09, 2015 at 09:58 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Anyone who has followed your journey these past couple of years has to appreciate what a momentous decision this was and what a relief it must have been to finally say yes to ANY camera without the D400 badge on it. We could argue the universe is playing with you, a Buddhist examination of the meaning of attachment perhaps. But we don't need to go there.

Is there a game Friday night? It seems a bit early for football to begin but you live in country where fall can quickly slip into winter so perhaps the season starts early. I know you'd like to have the camera in your hand to get familiar with it before you're standing on the sidelines. Hopefully, UPS will sort out the problem and you'll get it before Friday, or at least by Friday.

I got a package this afternoon from Amazon for two pair of boot laces... big purchase, right? It was part of a larger order that was delivered last week. I got a message from Amazon saying my payment had been refunded because they couldn't deliver the boot laces. I figured what the hell, I'd let it go. But then I got an email and telephone call from the vendor who offered the laces through Amazon's marketplace. I explained the refund and the inability to deliver and he was incredulous since Amazon fulfills his orders. He doesn't ship anything. So the question was, if they could deliver the two other things from my order to an address I've been using for decades, how were they unable to deliver two pair of boot laces?

I eventually worked it out with Amazon but you get the idea. Despite the fact everything works well most of the time, occasionally SNAFU is the reality of this moment. Ironically, after ordering the shoelaces I decided to buy a new pair of hiking boots and don't NEED the shoelaces...

Send us a photo of the camera when it arrives Andre and we can have a party...

Sep 09, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What if you open the box and find they forgot to put in a battery?

Kent in SD

Sep 09, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You just KNOW that now Andre has ordered the 7200, Nikon will be making an announcement for an accelerated shipping date for the previously unannounced D400

Sep 10, 2015 at 12:20 AM
Slug69
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

If they do announce a D400 we should Petition Nikon to send Andre one gratis.

Sep 10, 2015 at 01:22 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

CGrindahl wrote:
Anyone who has followed your journey these past couple of years has to appreciate what a momentous decision this was and what a relief it must have been to finally say yes to ANY camera without the D400 badge on it. We could argue the universe is playing with you, a Buddhist examination of the meaning of attachment perhaps. But we don't need to go there.

Is there a game Friday night? It seems a bit early for football to begin but you live in country where fall can quickly slip into winter so perhaps the season starts early. I know
...Show more

Yes, the first regular season game is this Friday, as in tomorrow! I was hoping to practice a bit this week before the game to learn the AF system.

Funny story on the laces ... and I've done that same thing ... but keep the old boots for extra muddy situations so as to keep the new ones nicer longer ... so then you do need the new laces.

Sep 10, 2015 at 06:42 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.