Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Picturesque Lake.

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Picturesque Lake.

That is the actual name of the lake.

I was in the Uintas last week for an overnight trip, and had too much cloud cover for any golden hour colors. After doing a set at Moose horn Lake, I spotted a trail head called Pass Lake TH which is actually the Lofty Lake loop trail. I parked and saw that the first lake was only ½ mile in. I decided to give my new backpack a test run. Not much of a hike, but the TH is 10,100 and the lake is 10,400 so I was huffing and puffing when I got there.

It had started raining a few minutes before so I stopped here and got my shots and decided to head back down to the TH. But opps, I was not able to find the trail. I ended up bushwhacking back, working around sheer drops, deadfalls and one swamp. I could hear traffic on the highway but never crossed the trail until I was about 400 feet from the truck.

Nothing spectacular, it looks a whole lot better as a screen saver at 1600 wide. But it is a place not many here have seen.

Sep 04, 2015 at 11:22 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Picturesque Lake.

Nice one, Ben. You're right, I've been through there several times but wasn't even aware of this lake.

Sep 04, 2015 at 06:19 PM
psharvic
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Picturesque Lake.

The name fits well. Nice work, Ben. Bushwhacking in that kind of terrain is not a pleasant thought. Glad you made it OK.

Sep 04, 2015 at 07:42 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Picturesque Lake.

stanparker wrote:
Nice one, Ben. You're right, I've been through there several times but wasn't even aware of this lake.

Thanks Stan. This TH is very close to Mirror Lake.

Sep 04, 2015 at 08:15 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Picturesque Lake.

psharvic wrote:
The name fits well. Nice work, Ben. Bushwhacking in that kind of terrain is not a pleasant thought. Glad you made it OK.

Thanks.

It was worrisome at times, wondering if I would need to backtrack to the Lake, some places were pretty steep making back tracking a difficult proposition.

Sep 04, 2015 at 08:17 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.