FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · British Columbia Aurora

Jfarmer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · British Columbia Aurora

Right place; right time. This show went off while we were at a rest stop getting ready to go to bed. Saw the lights and sped off in hunt of good viewing place. Turned out to be a farmer's large meadow. Shot for over 3 hours in the very cold and wet (dew), but awesome experience.
http://creationcapture.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/AuroraFlares.jpg

Sep 01, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Markus L
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · British Columbia Aurora

That's a nice aurora there. The foreground doesn't do much for me though, especially the power line which I find distracting.

Sep 02, 2015 at 10:52 AM
Jfarmer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · British Columbia Aurora

Yeah, I realize that the foreground is a bit lacking, but at 24mm I had to make choice between capturing what was going on in the sky versus balancing the foreground. The sky won.
Jon

Sep 02, 2015 at 11:01 PM
ScottHM
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · British Columbia Aurora

Hopefully I get a chance to have some nice dark skies and some aurora activity when I leave for B.C. in a couple weeks...nice captures of the aurora, sometimes we get what we can take.

Sep 04, 2015 at 02:52 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · British Columbia Aurora

Love the colours, but am disappointed with the foreground. Shifting the lens down slightly would have produced a better image...even at the risk of taking away some of the aurora.

Sep 04, 2015 at 08:20 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.