Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

Archive 2015 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

HS-LD
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

I have been using Photoshop for about 12 years. I have even taught college courses on it. I have not used it since it went to the cloud, switching over to Corel Paint Shop Pro X7.

I got a 1 year free trial for Cloud photoshop with my 7D Mark II and even for free, I don't want to use it... I don't even want to try it. I signed up and even that process gave me the willy's!

Corel aint perfect, but it is getting the job done for me, and it's not in the "cloud."

Photoshop really isn't that bad, actually it is the standard and I get that. It's the scam of Adobe marketing which I think I am really rebelling against. 2nd question during sign up basically stated I would have 14 days a year from now to cancel if I remember to or I get charged for 6 months if I cancelled after 14 days. WTF?

I guess the title of this should have read, "Anyone else HATE Adobe?" .

Sep 01, 2015 at 12:40 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

Here we go again...
There are dozens of similar threads in the Post-processing and Printing forum.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/16

EBH

Sep 01, 2015 at 01:06 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

Wrong forum

Sep 01, 2015 at 01:08 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

and for me $10 a month for photoshop always up to date is a steal.

Sep 01, 2015 at 01:30 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

HS-LD wrote:
Corel aint perfect, but it is getting the job done for me, and it's not in the "cloud."

Nor is PHOTOSHOP .

if you don't like the subscription pricing then fine . some do some don't . but to say you don't like it because its 'IN THE CLOUD' is pure stupidity .
it installs on your machine and all the files you work on stay on your machine unless you want to 'cloud' them .

Sep 01, 2015 at 01:58 AM
John_T
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

I have never cared for Adobe's arrogance, but for the last hundred years I have faithfully registered every product and obeyed every imperial command and whim.

...until they got royally hacked and informed me by a snail mail photocopy ages later, well after my IP had already informed me that my Adobe ID and data was being used in Asia for scams and fraud. At least glad I could dump everything before they got to my CC. I will never forgive them for their negligence and certainly go nowhere near their cloud. I will continue to use their products as long everything mine stays mine, otherwise I'll cross the next bridge when I come to it.

Corel, I used to use a lot, but the owner was something of a wildman which was reflected in the ups and downs of their products, don't know where they are at now...

Sep 01, 2015 at 02:26 AM
HS-LD
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Nor is PHOTOSHOP .

if you don't like the subscription pricing then fine . some do some don't . but to say you don't like it because its 'IN THE CLOUD' is pure stupidity .
it installs on your machine and all the files you work on stay on your machine unless you want to 'cloud' them .

Yea, that would be stupid. The cloud is what is, whatever.

I believe my main point was the perceived attitude of Adobe and their money grubbin' ways...

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:12 AM
HS-LD
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

John_T wrote:
I have never cared for Adobe's arrogance, but for the last hundred years I have faithfully registered every product and obeyed every imperial command and whim.

...until they got royally hacked and informed me by a snail mail photocopy ages later, well after my IP had already informed me that my Adobe ID and data was being used in Asia for scams and fraud. At least glad I could dump everything before they got to my CC. I will never forgive them for their negligence and certainly go nowhere near their cloud. I will continue to use their products as
...Show more

Interesting.

You hit the nail on the head: Arrogance. That's what I really don't like. Particularly when a good dose of incompetence is also apparent, as in your reported example of their handling of their being hacked.

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:15 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

RobDickinson wrote:
and for me $10 a month for photoshop always up to date is a steal.

better keep an eye on your bank statement

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:23 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

gdanmitchell wrote:
Wrong forum

...and been done to death

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:26 AM
HS-LD
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

gdanmitchell wrote:
Wrong forum

Yes, we must always talk about the same 5 topics under the right forum headline or else there will be total anarchy.

Sorry everyone, please go back to:

1.)Adapting Canon lenses to your new Sony A7rII (Also Wrong forum)
2.)My A7Rii sucks, I'm going back to Canon (Also Wrong forum)
3.)Nikon's or Sony's vastly superior dynamic range (Also Wrong Forum)
4.)Canon's lack of sensor dynamic range compared to Nikon or Sony
5.)Why the 5Ds/r sucks completely or is the best camera ever.

But luckily we have people around that will always keep us on track. As I am kinda tired of everyone's whining about the only 5 topics allowed on Canon forums these days, I'll just wait until the mods delete this thread and go back to looking at the same 5 over processed but pretty landscape photos that everyone is taking over and over and over and over again with their canon lenses on A7II's or their 5ds/r's with no dynamic range that either suck or don't.

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:28 AM
HS-LD
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

dhphoto wrote:
...and been done to death

Then why did you click on the title? Was it misleading and baited you into reading the thread?

I never understand why people who are clearly not interested in the topic feel the need to piss in it. It's like kindergarden and the kids are fighting over the blocks.

You go off and discuss your A7II and Canon lens adaptor, and I won't click on your thread and piss in it. How does that sound?

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:32 AM
HS-LD
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

If there were a delete button I would delete the thread.

I didn't realize there were so many old church ladies around here.

Sorry I offended so many. Go back to your tea and gossip ladies.

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:35 AM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

HS-LD wrote:
Yes, we must always talk about the same 5 topics under the right forum headline or else there will be total anarchy.

Sorry everyone, please go back to:

1.)Adapting Canon lenses to your new Sony A7rII (Also Wrong forum)
2.)My A7Rii sucks, I'm going back to Canon (Also Wrong forum)
3.)Nikon's or Sony's vastly superior dynamic range (Also Wrong Forum)
4.)Canon's lack of sensor dynamic range compared to Nikon or Sony
5.)Why the 5Ds/r sucks completely or is the best camera ever.

But luckily we have people around that will always keep us on track. As I am kinda tired of everyone's whining about the only 5
...Show more

1. Correct forum. Canon SLR mount lens.
2. Correct forum. Going back to Canon DSLR
3. Correct forum. Canon DSLR compared to others.
4. Ditto.
5. Of course it is

You are not very good at taking critique are you. Just because you don't like the on-topic threads doesn't make it any better to start a thread in the wrong forum.

It is not the end of the world to post in the wrong forum though. It happens all the time and easily gets adjusted.

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:43 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

HS-LD wrote:
As I am kinda tired of everyone's whining ...

Physician heal thyself. Did you not read your own original whingeing whining post?

Perhaps FM isn't the right site for your delicate sensitivities, try dpreview, they love whiners over there

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:49 AM
Bones74
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

I haven't updated my Photoshop or Lightroom since they moved to "the cloud". Obviously I'll have to if I buy a new camera and want to use Adobe.

Sep 01, 2015 at 06:24 AM
timbop
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

OP, I agree with you: I don't upgrade adobe at all anymore (still using CS4). In addition to the cloud/monthly license crap the thing has always been as complicated and counterintuitive as possible. I use Canon Digital Professional to do almost all my editing, including raw conversions. If I need to do anything complex I might use PS, but that is probably < .01% of the time

Sep 01, 2015 at 06:36 AM
darbo
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

I'll quit using Photoshop and Lightroom CC as soon as it stops being so cheap. As long as those "money grubbers" don't charge much, what do I care?

Sep 01, 2015 at 06:45 AM
panos.v
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

What exactly are you people on? Photoshop standalone used to be $700 or more. That's almost 6 years at $10/month.

$700 for a business every 6 years is NOTHING. $700 for a business every 2 years is NOTHING. $700 for a business every year is still very little unless you're struggling.

Compared this to a cloud sub of 120/year for the latest version of both Lightroom and Photoshop. Now that is a f***ing steal. It's not even in the cloud, do you guys even know how it works?

If on the other hand you don't make money from photography and just want Photoshop and think it is expensive, well buy Elements. Or Lightroom. That's $100 and you never have to pay anything else ever again.

So exactly what are you talking about?

Sep 01, 2015 at 07:09 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Does anyone else HATE Photoshop?

$10/month to keep current with the leading products for image processing is not stealing. I'm happy with where Adobe is at today.

Sep 01, 2015 at 07:20 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.