Archive 2015 · Assiniboine Sunburst

OregonSun
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Assiniboine Sunburst

dswiger wrote:
Dang, I meant the left side.
Oh well, it's a lovely scene for sure!

Cropping to near the edge of the lake on the left seems to be the usual choice from this location. In this one I wanted to get as much of the light ray as I could, as well as including the small foreground valley. Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,
Heron

Sep 01, 2015 at 10:29 AM
dalite
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Assiniboine Sunburst

Mt Assiniboine is often referred as the "Matterhorn" of the Rockies because of its pointy peak, but I don't see it, unless the peak on the right is it and taken from a different angle. Was the photo taken with the Rokinon 8mm lens or the 50mm lens as indicated on your subtitle?

Nice lighting and composition though.

Sep 04, 2015 at 11:30 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Assiniboine Sunburst

Awesome

Sep 05, 2015 at 02:51 PM
Alan Brock
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Assiniboine Sunburst

Great conditions and expertly captured and processed! Since it's a single frame crop, how large do you think it would print? I think it would definitely be worth it to print as large as possible and display it!

Sep 05, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Assiniboine Sunburst

Nice job - Oregon Sun. That is just the spot I slept overnight to take pictures a couple of weeks ago. You were luckier with a bit of clouds.

Good job. Thanks for sharing. Scott

Sep 06, 2015 at 11:25 AM
OregonSun
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Assiniboine Sunburst

dalite wrote:
Mt Assiniboine is often referred as the "Matterhorn" of the Rockies because of its pointy peak, but I don't see it, unless the peak on the right is it and taken from a different angle. Was the photo taken with the Rokinon 8mm lens or the 50mm lens as indicated on your subtitle?

Nice lighting and composition though.

The peak of Assiniboine is hidden in the clouds. The lit up one is called Sunburst Peak. It was shot with the 8mm, Canon exif defaults to 50mm when using any manual lens that cannot communicate with the body. I'm too lazy to edit the exif Thanks for the comment, glad you liked it.

---------------------------------------------

Sunny Sra wrote:
Awesome

Thanks Sunny!

Alan Brock wrote:
Great conditions and expertly captured and processed! Since it's a single frame crop, how large do you think it would print? I think it would definitely be worth it to print as large as possible and display it!

Thanks Alan. I'm not sure how large it would go, but I mean to find out

Scott Stoness wrote:
Nice job - Oregon Sun. That is just the spot I slept overnight to take pictures a couple of weeks ago. You were luckier with a bit of clouds.

Good job. Thanks for sharing. Scott

Thank you Scott. I was indeed lucky with the clouds (just enough, but not too much) during my stay.

Heron

Sep 06, 2015 at 11:43 PM
Allynb
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Assiniboine Sunburst

Beautiful scene. Nothing like being out at the right time.
Allan

Sep 06, 2015 at 11:53 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.