New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Looking for a Half Backpack

dannycee

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looking for a Half Backpack

hello everybody,

like the titles say. i have a mirrorless system, and am looking for a good half camera backpack that will allow me to carry 2-3 lenses + misc things like a change of clothes, macbook pro 13" etc.

something along the lines of this

thanks for the suggestions

Aug 29, 2015 at 05:30 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looking for a Half Backpack

dannycee wrote:
hello everybody,

like the titles say. i have a mirrorless system, and am looking for a good half camera backpack ...

Left side or right side?

(sorry, that's all I got)

Aug 29, 2015 at 06:11 PM
SHVv
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Looking for a Half Backpack

New F-stop Lotus is similar size as the Manfrotto but has a back pack suspension. For me, there is a huge difference in comfort between carrying weight on shoulder straps vs on the hips.

Steve

Aug 29, 2015 at 06:17 PM
mirkoc
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Looking for a Half Backpack

That Manfrotto bag looks as a variant of discontinued Kata 467i backpack I am very satisfied with. Kata has a rain cover, not sure for this one.

Aug 29, 2015 at 06:20 PM
GillR
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Looking for a Half Backpack

mirkoc wrote:
That Manfrotto bag looks as a variant of discontinued Kata 467i backpack I am very satisfied with. Kata has a rain cover, not sure for this one.

I have the original version of that Kata backpack too, I love it! I originally used it to carry a Canon 5D2 w/24-105 or, more recently, 24-70 f4 attached, along with 70-200f4, 100 macro & either 50 1.8 or 35 f2. Plus the usual extras, of course.

I switched to the Fuji XT-1 a few months ago and - if I want to use a backpack - I still use the Kata. Xt-1 w/23 f1.4 attached, 14mm, 55-200 + extension tube. The extra space that's now available in the bottom section will take a selection of Lee7 filters (in the wraps) along with spare batteries and cards and a Rocket Blower (which previously used to have to live in the font zip pockets & the top section respectively).

It's still a tad roomy but the Kata's excellent padding means I don't worry about damaging anything while moving.

If the Manfrotto is much the same size, I'm sure it will do the job perfectly well. You can still pick the Kata up in a few places eg http://www.amazon.com/Kata-DR-467i-Digital-Rucksack-Green/dp/B0035Y51AC

Sep 06, 2015 at 09:39 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Looking for a Half Backpack

mirkoc wrote:

Manfotto purchased Kata

http://www.kata-bags.us/

Sep 06, 2015 at 09:44 AM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Looking for a Half Backpack

Lowepro has several packs like that Manfrotto.

Peace,

Todd

Sep 06, 2015 at 12:33 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Looking for a Half Backpack

lowepro has some nice smaller narrow profile packs that are lightweight and most likely better fitting too

Sep 06, 2015 at 01:12 PM
dannycee

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Looking for a Half Backpack

thanks for the input guys. i ended up purchasing this bag from THULE... never wouldve thought they were into camera bags. i havnt received it yet, but it seems to have everything that i want & at the same time not look like a camera bag

Sep 06, 2015 at 06:03 PM
jharter
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Looking for a Half Backpack

Half a backpack? That thing is pretty large.

Sep 09, 2015 at 06:50 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.