Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Is there a lightweight 28mm lens for Canon EOS (6D)?

MaunaKea7007
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Is there a lightweight 28mm lens for Canon EOS (6D)?

Voigtlander color skopar 28mm f2.8, pancake shape, manual focus. seems fine on my bodies. very light.

Sep 02, 2015 at 02:48 AM
Robin Smith
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Is there a lightweight 28mm lens for Canon EOS (6D)?

The 28/1.8 gets rather poor reviews, but users seem to still keep buying it.

A nice new 28/1.8 would be a good thing. I, too, recommend the 28/2.8 IS - superb optics. Don't waste time and money on a Zeiss MM. The Zeiss 28/2 ZE is meant to be good but has curved field issues which is not everyone's cup of tea. I have to say I preferred the old 24/2.8 over the old 28/2.8, whereas I think the performance of the 28 IS is a little better than the 24 IS.

Sep 02, 2015 at 02:30 PM
melcat
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Is there a lightweight 28mm lens for Canon EOS (6D)?

I'm a litte slow responding to this, but regarding the suggestion chez made in post #2 of an adapted OM film Zuiko, I did almost exactly that for several years. It was the 24mm f/2.8 on a 5D, but almost the same. I used to pick this kit when I needed to move quickly hiking in bad/dangerous weather.

The results were excellent, at least as good as the 16-35 f/2.8 II.

Actually, the OM Zuiko 24mm f/2.8 is a cult lens, and I sold mine for ~US$450 only a couple of years ago. The 28mm f/3.5 chez mentions is also a cult lens, and has been since the film days. The 28mm f/2.8, which I still have and which didn't sell when I listed it, is not. I also used that on my 5D a couple of times with good results, though not as sharp as the 24. That could have been my copy, which also was from my film kit and which I never thought was as good after a repair as it had been before.

I eventually got sick of the manual aperture and use the 24-70 f/4 IS in that role now. If I wasn't as fond of 70mm as I am, I might have chosen one of the new Canon 24/28 IS lenses.

Sep 03, 2015 at 05:31 AM
Al Rohrer
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Is there a lightweight 28mm lens for Canon EOS (6D)?

Guess I'll have to recommend the 28 f/1.8. It's seldom that I use it but I have never been unhappy with it. I usually carry a 16-35 f/4L, 50 STM, and 70-300L but if I want to travel real light, I go with the 28 1.8 and 85 1.8 with either the 5D MkII or 5D MkIII. When I want to get really light, G1X MkII.
I'm not a professional and quality means acceptable focus, not always razor sharp, to me. If you didn't need the wide, the 50 STM is a fantastic lens, one I seldom leave home without.

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:01 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.