New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · editing info needed

POWA
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · editing info needed

I need to find a program that allows me to trace around part of my image and place it in another image.
I do a lot of product review work and that would be helpful.
Example would be taking a photo of a photography vest then trace around it and place the image of the vest into another photo or solid colored background.
I know it can be done in CS6 with the Lasso tool but I want one that is quicker and easier to use.

Suggestions are appreciated

POWA

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:47 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · editing info needed

you might want to consider such CS6 functionality as the other select tools like quick select, magic wand, color select etc and just clean up the results a bit.

a few months ago, my son needed a stencil of a stag deer for a school project. found one on the internet and then sized and ran PS's 'Find Edges' command. You could do soemthing similar to make the selection and then cut/paste

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:58 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · editing info needed

Look into Re-Mask ver. 5 from Topaz Labs.
Douglas

Aug 28, 2015 at 06:00 PM
Chris Court
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · editing info needed

High quality compositing is an art unto itself, and Photoshop, in my view, is the best tool for the job. There are various approaches, and which one to use depends a lot on the image you are working on, however be aware that the lasso tool and magic wand will, in isolation, likely give you rather poor results.

To address the "quicker and easier to use" complaints, I suggest lots of practice! You will be amazed how quickly your ability to build an accurate alpha channel/mask will improve! There are many, many resources available online which will get you up to speed in no time.

C

Aug 28, 2015 at 08:27 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · editing info needed

Learn to use all the tools in CS6 that can do that separately or combined.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:15 AM
POWA
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · editing info needed

Thanks for the advice guys I have gone with the Topaz Re Mask and it seems that it will do the job for me.

POWA

Aug 31, 2015 at 04:11 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.