1       2      
       end

Archive 2015 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

MAubrey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

bvphotos wrote:
It's interesting how well the Contax G does, if you're okay with the slower aperture and clunky AF mechanism. I have the lens & I think I'll stick with it for now.

If you have an A7II or A7rII, the Techart AF adapter using the most recent firmware makes the Contax 90mm nearly as fast to focus as the FE 55mm f/1.8. It's really incredible and gave the 90mm and the 45mm a new lease on life!

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:50 PM
rsrsrs
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

Do you know how the Techart AF adapter works on an "old" A7 ?

Dec 16, 2015 at 02:15 AM
MAubrey
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

rsrsrs wrote:
Do you know how the Techart AF adapter works on an "old" A7 ?

It works, but it's loud, slow, and hunts.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:02 PM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

MAubrey wrote:
It works, but it's loud, slow, and hunts.

Yes this is true I had that exact set up. A7 tech art and contax 90 g

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:13 PM
bvphotos
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

MAubrey wrote:
If you have an A7II or A7rII, the Techart AF adapter using the most recent firmware makes the Contax 90mm nearly as fast to focus as the FE 55mm f/1.8. It's really incredible and gave the 90mm and the 45mm a new lease on life!

Thanks for the tip. I'll upgrade the firmware on my Techart and try it out this weekend on my A7II. I remember that the last time I tried to upgrade the firmware on Techart, it was an unintuitive, complicated process that I'll have to familiarize myself with all over again.

Dec 16, 2015 at 03:19 PM
MAubrey
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

bvphotos wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I'll upgrade the firmware on my Techart and try it out this weekend on my A7II. I remember that the last time I tried to upgrade the firmware on Techart, it was an unintuitive, complicated process that I'll have to familiarize myself with all over again.

The easiest way to do it is if you have an android or iOS phone or tablet. They have a firmware app that makes the process much easier:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/techart-update/id972383385?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.techart.updateall

Set the adapter to f/90, take a picture, then turn off the camera and remove the lens. The adapter will connect to app and update.

Dec 16, 2015 at 04:10 PM
koban

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

I sold most of my Fuji x gear and also the 56mm. Using the a7rii most of the tim. Also like the Batis 85. Used it for a tree weeks and liked it. The only downside I have to wait for my own copy. Delivery problems from Zeiss... The copy that I had was a loner from the shop for testing and review.

Hope there is coming a Batis 135. Also love to use my Loxia 35mm

Dec 17, 2015 at 02:41 AM
bvphotos
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Fuji 56/1.2 vs Batis 85/1.8

I updated the firmware on the GA3 adapter and tried it with my G 90 lens. For some reason, after I turned on the camera, the adapter's motor zoomed around quite a bit and persisted even after I turned off the camera. The only way to shut that thing off was to try and screw in the lens.

Anyway, the AF is certainly much faster when it works, but periodically it does not work at all as it hunts in the wrong area. If I give it a nudge with the manual flywheel control and take it near the focus zone, it then latches on.

Dec 18, 2015 at 07:24 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.