end

Archive 2015 · Little Old House On The Prairie

Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Little Old House On The Prairie

Thank you all so much!

DejanS wrote:
Scott, I like the composition, but I'd probably say the clouds are the selling point, which gets me to stick around the first image a bit longer.

Dejan

Thank you Dejan. Yes the clouds are what I waited for. I saw the potential for these clouds to light up about an hour before it happened and it played out like I thought it would. I also paid careful attention to how the grass and house were illuminated in relation to the sky. #1 reflects that relationship very closely. While I can understand some liking the brightened version more, to me it looks less natural than #1. I could have easily (and did) make it brighter but when ever I did this in post it as if the image fell apart. Or wasn't working. So I still prefer #1 personally but understand everyone's tastes are different.

Aug 27, 2015 at 06:02 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Little Old House On The Prairie

Lucky you Scott... Clouds never hang around for me... They always vanish just before sunset!

Aug 27, 2015 at 06:13 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Little Old House On The Prairie

great shot

Aug 27, 2015 at 07:45 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Little Old House On The Prairie

This is a sweet pano Scott. I love the tiny moon hiding behind the red clouds. I actually prefer the darker version, or, I'd brighten it just a little, but not as much as the version 2 . But that's just nit-picking...

Aug 28, 2015 at 05:06 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Little Old House On The Prairie

Thank you all once again!

Travis Rhoads wrote:
Lucky you Scott... Clouds never hang around for me... They always vanish just before sunset!

I am not always lucky. The past almost 2 weeks has been either clear skies or haze from drifting forest fire smoke. Need some cloud action!!!

Sep 01, 2015 at 04:56 PM
robn70
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Little Old House On The Prairie

Very nice Scott. I like the composition and there are some nice colors in the sky.

Sep 03, 2015 at 08:34 PM
rxgolf
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Little Old House On The Prairie

I like the shot and I too live your narrative over and over. Thank you for the motivation to set it down and escape for a few minutes!
Greg

Sep 03, 2015 at 09:26 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.