Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Walk towards the light.....

mxwizard1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Walk towards the light.....

Ive had this dream.....Thanks for looking.

Aug 25, 2015 at 04:46 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Walk towards the light.....

I really like this Wiz!!

Great light, texture and sharpness. Would also work nice in mono, but I love the color of the brick. I'd shave some off the top and bottom, but I love the massive pull I get towards the left/light by the brightness and leading lines.

from this guy!

Jeff

Aug 25, 2015 at 05:08 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Walk towards the light.....

Or, maybe you just woke up with a great headache and opened your eyes . <ducking>

Aug 25, 2015 at 05:49 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Walk towards the light.....

Ha-ha! I was actually thinking the same Karen! When I first viewed this image I tipped my head a little thinking it wasn't rotated correctly.

I have nothing to nit on this one. Like Jeff mentioned, the hard pull to the left is pretty cool. I like it!

Dave

Aug 25, 2015 at 06:45 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Walk towards the light.....

I think it's a wonderful idea! On my monitor the left side is not sharp -- indeed the only sharp area is the center of the frame. I wonder if that was deliberate ? and if so I wonder if (even in PP) it would be better to do more of it at least on the left side? It might bring the focus (no pun intended) of the image more to the sharp area, and make more of a mystery out of "what's out there?"

Just random thoughts,
keith

Aug 25, 2015 at 07:37 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Walk towards the light.....

Diggin' the relationships.

I'm good with the bright left less sharp from the bricks at right. It gives a tug-o-tension @ pull to the mass, pull to the light, pull to the sharp, pull to the light, pull to the mass ... keeping us in the scene, with the brickwork lines to act as the "to & fro" conduit.

Otherwise, we might just "exit stage left".

My nit would be the strong difference in color in the various areas of the brickwork. I'm surmising that it is being caused by lens vignetting creating a darker color, but I think it would be preferable it they were more like the others (not exactly, but not so much diff). As is, I think they look unnatural / over-saturated a touch.

Aug 25, 2015 at 08:17 PM
mxwizard1
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Walk towards the light.....

I'm happy you all like this one...I was out with a friend in the alley in our Chinatown, and I turn around and see Andy lining up the shot, as I commented to him that I didn't even see this at all......Boy is he gonna be PeO'D when I post it to my page ....Funny that I did think about rotating it to resemble a walkway but I think the wall works better ( or differently )...For me.

Jeff ..I cant seem to find the right way to turn this into a good mono representation, due to the colour variations looking so close together...Once I have some spare time ill try running it in Perfect Photo Suite.

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:07 AM
rongwam
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Walk towards the light.....

A different perspective, not typical, yet very strikingly interesting. To me, the bright light coming from the left saves the image and made it interesting.

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:40 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Walk towards the light.....

mxwizard1 wrote:
I'm happy you all like this one...I was out with a friend in the alley in our Chinatown, and I turn around and see Andy lining up the shot, as I commented to him that I didn't even see this at all......Boy is he gonna be PeO'D when I post it to my page ....Funny that I did think about rotating it to resemble a walkway but I think the wall works better ( or differently )...For me.

Jeff ..I cant seem to find the right way to turn this into a good mono representation, due to the colour variations looking
...Show more

Sounds good! I am pretty sure the color will win out anyway.

Jeff

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:44 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.