New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sigma for Canon warranty question

riokid
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma for Canon warranty question

I am looking to get the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary lens and have a couple of warranty related questions.

How do you validate a U.S. 4-year warranty? Do you have to register or mail anything?

Is the warranty valid only for the original purchaser? If so anything bought from the B&S board will not qualify, even if the original purchaser registered the lens?

Thank you

dan

Aug 24, 2015 at 06:18 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma for Canon warranty question

I don't know the specifics of Sigma in the US, but here in Canada I got a 10 year warranty on my Sigma equipment which needs to be registered for the warranty to be valid and a copy of the original sales receipt needs to accompany the equipment when sending in for work.

Aug 24, 2015 at 06:24 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma for Canon warranty question

riokid wrote:
Is the warranty valid only for the original purchaser?

Yes. That would be normal.

riokid wrote:
If so anything bought from the B&S board will not qualify, even if the original purchaser registered the lens?

Yes. That's right.

Here's what Sigma says (giyf),

"Product Warranty

Beginning July 1, 2013, all brand new Sigma Products purchased from authorized Sigma dealers are covered under the 1 year America warranty (North and South America) and 3 years U.S.A. extended warranties for a total period of four (4) years against defects in manufacturing and workmanship only. Your warranty period begins the day you purchase your Sigma camera, lens and/or flash and runs for a period of four years total from that date. (Please refer to the warranty policy included with your product or see the warranty registration page for each Sigma Product). Please note that the Sigma warranty
...Show more

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/service-support

Aug 24, 2015 at 06:35 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.