Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · How to organize battery chargers?

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to organize battery chargers?

Hey All. I am getting frustrated with all the chargers and cables I have for multiple systems. They typically sit in a big mess and are a pain to sort through. I could sell a few of my cameras but I would prefer not to. What do you all do to keep them organized?

Aug 24, 2015 at 04:50 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to organize battery chargers?

Almost all good Canon bodies use one of two batteries and the same is the case for Nikon. Multiple small bodies may be supported with a Wasabi charger and a few different plates for example. Short plugs (stub plugs) can eliminate some cords.

What bodies are you supporting?

EBH

Aug 24, 2015 at 07:01 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to organize battery chargers?

Gary Clennan wrote:
... What do you all do to keep them organized?

Aug 24, 2015 at 07:05 PM
uscmatt99
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to organize battery chargers?

I just used some printed adhesive labels on mine, leave them lined up on a shelf. Fortunately most have a built-in plug, and the two without can share the same power cord.

Aug 25, 2015 at 03:35 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to organize battery chargers?

Thanks guys - that helps. I suppose it doesn't cause any harm to permanently leave the chargers (without batteries inserted) plugged into an outlet or power cord?

Aug 25, 2015 at 03:59 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to organize battery chargers?

Gary Clennan wrote:
... I suppose it doesn't cause any harm to permanently leave the chargers (without batteries inserted) plugged into an outlet or power cord?

Don't think so. I leave about half of them plugged in full time, with the other less-frequently used chargers getting the remaining outlets as they're used. If I'm going to be on the road for a week or more, I usually shut everything down (computer, monitors, and etc.) and unplug the source power connectors.

Aug 25, 2015 at 07:43 PM
onesickpuppy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How to organize battery chargers?

Well for one....the double charger (looks like a 1D series) you have two of...and they charge two batteries at once.....just have one out....use the higher level (1Dx version) for any 1D battery.

Since the rest look like maybe 3-5 different bodies....I would suggest...like your doing...just stack
the charger off to the side, until you need to plug in

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:23 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How to organize battery chargers?

onesickpuppy wrote:
Well for one....the double charger (looks like a 1D series) you have two of...and they charge two batteries at once.....just have one out....use the higher level (1Dx version) for any 1D battery.

Yes. There's two 1D-series chargers there. They don't charge two batteries at once. They charge one battery, and then the other. If I need two LP-E4/E4N batteries charged at the same time, I need two LC-E4/E4N chargers.

Yesterday, I had four LP-E4/E4N batteries charging at the same time. I have some 'generic' chargers that are normally stored in a drawer, but they got pressed into service.

I'm not sure why you suggest that I should use the "higher level" (1DX) charger, because there's absolutely no evidence that there's any difference in the charging capacity of the LC-E4N and LC-E4 chargers, for the LP-E4 and LP-E4N batteries.

Aug 26, 2015 at 09:00 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.