Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

I would appreciate it very much if you could let me know the time frame for the possibly best fall colors near Maroon Bells this year. Thanks in advance.

Aug 24, 2015 at 01:02 PM
mysh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

September 20th - 30th, peak will likely fall within those days but every year is a little different. It will depend on the wether

Aug 24, 2015 at 01:20 PM
RobCD
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

Kee Woo Rhee wrote:
I would appreciate it very much if you could let me know the time frame for the possibly best fall colors near Maroon Bells this year. Thanks in advance.

I was there last year around Sept 15th and colors were good but I think I was about a week to 10 days early for the best fall color so Sept 20th to 30th sounds about right to me too. If you won't have any flexibility and have to schedule in advance I'd probably go for Sept 28 (should be nice color AND it's not on a weekend .

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:52 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

According to the ranger station at RMNP, they have received normal precipitation this summer:-)

Aug 26, 2015 at 05:24 PM
subgenius
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

I've always been there in late Sept between 27-30th and never have seen it past peak although it can be past peak as early as mid Sept.

Sep 10, 2015 at 09:03 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

Thanks for all the information. I have decided to stick around WV area for the fall colors this year.

Sep 24, 2015 at 06:18 AM
neuf_owner
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

Spending 5 days in Colorado hiking and enjoying the fall. I am going to be at the Bells either this Saturday or Sunday. My question is what time do you recommend shooting? I was thinking that being there early morning might be best, but this might be a function of both lighting and crowds. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Gene

Sep 25, 2015 at 05:52 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best Fall Foliage at Maroon Bells?

neuf_owner wrote:
Spending 5 days in Colorado hiking and enjoying the fall. I am going to be at the Bells either this Saturday or Sunday. My question is what time do you recommend shooting? I was thinking that being there early morning might be best, but this might be a function of both lighting and crowds. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Gene

Since I have not been at the Bells, I don't have much info to offer. However, since tonight's total lunar eclipse, I would stick around for the event after sunset shooting there, even though it all depends on the weather and such. I myself am heading to WV today for that, but the weather forecast here is not that good. Hope to see your fall colors at the Bells!!

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:12 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.