FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

Took this photo on a recent small hike with the family in Glacier National Park. Loved the light. Comes alive a bit more when you can view it much larger than this smaller web version.

Thanks for looking!
Corey

Original

Edited on Aug 25, 2015 at 03:06 PM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2015 at 08:19 AM
mike717
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

Nice Corey, That looks like one tough waterfall to work.

Mike

Aug 24, 2015 at 08:28 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

This is very nice. The "story telling" by the lights cascading down along with the waterfalls!

Kee

Aug 24, 2015 at 08:37 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

Nice scene, but I think you tried to put too much stuff in one image. The falls is so small in the frame and the foreground is excessive and OOF. These forests are difficult to shoot without being so busy and congested.

Aug 24, 2015 at 02:02 PM
JSecord
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

the scene looks very nice, great light, but the out of focus foreground is a dealbreaker for me.

Aug 24, 2015 at 02:27 PM
rparchen
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

JSecord wrote:
the scene looks very nice, great light, but the out of focus foreground is a dealbreaker for me.

I'd have to agree with this one. I think it'd make a better square crop and ditch some of the top/bottom to highlight the falls and overall light more so than the foreground. Still looks like a great place though!

Aug 24, 2015 at 02:34 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

I like it a lot but as others have said the oof foreground really kills it. A pretty big chunk of the bottom also contains very little of interest, I really think you could crop off the bottom quarter and have a stronger image.

Aug 24, 2015 at 02:43 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

mike717 wrote:
Nice Corey, That looks like one tough waterfall to work.

Mike

Thanks Mike!

---------------------------------------------

Kee Woo Rhee wrote:
This is very nice. The "story telling" by the lights cascading down along with the waterfalls!

Kee

Thank you Kee!

Jeffrey wrote:
Nice scene, but I think you tried to put too much stuff in one image. The falls is so small in the frame and the foreground is excessive and OOF. These forests are difficult to shoot without being so busy and congested.

Agreed. Thanks for the constructive feedback. I will re-work it a bit this evening and repost.

JSecord wrote:

Ya, I should have used my tripod. I got a bit rushed.

rparchen wrote:
I'd have to agree with this one. I think it'd make a better square crop and ditch some of the top/bottom to highlight the falls and overall light more so than the foreground. Still looks like a great place though!

Thanks for the great feedback as well!

andyjaggy82 wrote:
I like it a lot but as others have said the oof foreground really kills it. A pretty big chunk of the bottom also contains very little of interest, I really think you could crop off the bottom quarter and have a stronger image.

Thanks Andy. I will do exactly that!

Aug 24, 2015 at 03:22 PM
m.sommers00
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

Oh that's beautiful

Aug 24, 2015 at 03:35 PM
darbo
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

Gorgeous! I really appreciate the full effect of this image. The light filtering down is wonderful. Only suggestion would be a little focus-stacking just to bring that first outcropping on the left in focus.

Aug 24, 2015 at 04:12 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

The beautiful light and array of colours, green and yellow tones, is what makes this image. I'd much prefer if the water fall was not there and just the soft light doing it's magic. But with nature, you got to take what she gives. Nicely exposed.

Aug 24, 2015 at 06:08 PM
cams884
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Hidden falls in a Cedar Forest

I've got similar thoughts as others so won't repeat. I really like it though. A mystical scene.

Aug 24, 2015 at 06:43 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.