New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Seagate Back Plus will not back up Passport for Mac

bs kite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seagate Back Plus will not back up Passport for Mac

This is so aggravating. It seems that I spend more time trying to correct problems that these companies create for me….after I have paid for their equipment or software.

First, the Seagate was promoted to back-up my website, hard-drives…everything. The software failed to work so that it has not backed-up my website. I have called Seagate and complained. They have done absolutely nothing to correct it. They took my money ok. This happened right when the thing was new.

That is not the latest problem however:

Here is my question: How can I back up my Passport for Mac into the Seagate….OR ANYWHERE AT ALL FOR THAT MATTER! I need to do it now.

Ok, I accidentally let the Passport slide off an Ottoman and it hit the oak floor. Seems ok for now but I am trying my heart out to back it up before it dies. Nope! The Seagate apparently will not accept it…..maybe because it is of a different format. When does all this end? Do I have to spend yet another entire day frigging with this technology that I have already paid for. I have another life besides this computer stuff all the time. And the other life is demanding attention right now…today.

What would you do to back up this Passport for Mac right now? I am so sick of technology. I am nearing the end of my rope.!!!!

Please help.

Oh….I will handle Seagate myself alright….. with a final phone call…and I will be livid when it happens. It is the only way these corporations understand to do anything at all.

All I want today is to be able to back up this Passport for Mac. In FINDER I did select "Back up Now". The circular arrow spun for several seconds then nothing. What a surprise.

This ongoing back up project is very stressful.

Please help and thanks so much.

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Bernie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seagate Back Plus will not back up Passport for Mac

While your Seagate is mounted, in "Time Machine Preferences / Options / Exclude these items from backups" if the Passport is listed, remove it using the minus icon.

Aug 23, 2015 at 08:05 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seagate Back Plus will not back up Passport for Mac

Forget the software on your third-party drives. Just reformat the backup drive and then use Apples' Time Machine — it will back up both your internal drive and what I assume in an external Passport drive, as long as your backup drive is large enough.

Quick. Easy. Reliable. I've done it many times.

Dan

Aug 23, 2015 at 09:13 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.