Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

I need a source for replacement feet for my Benbo 1 tripod. Looking for something in the U.S. if possible that someone knows of a source. Third party or DIY also possible considerations.

Aug 22, 2015 at 05:02 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

Ah someone else that has the 'set of bagpipes being played by an octopus '

Rusty I have the UNILOCK version but from what I can tell it's the same as the bembo .

And yep I lost the rubber feet also .

I bet if you hunt around you could find the sort of feet that go on the bottom of crutches to fit .

Now you've got me thinking about searching . If I find anything I'll let you know .

Aug 23, 2015 at 01:22 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

Rusty . Just had a quick Google and it seems UNILOCK are still going (or at least their web site is) . They also seem to have a U.S. office .

I've emailed them over here asking if I can get feet for my tripod and if those feet would fit on a Benbo .
From the distant memory of the feet on mine they just pushed onto the existing feet . Are they the same on the Benbo ?

Aug 23, 2015 at 01:36 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

Yes, they seem to be "push on".

All three of mine are "split". I started down the path of gluing them back on ... there just seems to be too much tension when they are put back together to withstand how much "stretch" they'll need to go over the legs. Hence, I abandoned my sophomoric notion.

Thanks, let me know what you find out.

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

Yep will do

If all else fails I guess we could make some rubber 'socks' out of squash balls or probably better racquet ball balls (I'm familiar with squash balls and think they could be a tad small but I know racquet ball balls are a bit bigger)

Heck we could go the whole hog and use 3 tennis balls . Then we could look like the guy from UP

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:18 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

Yes, they seem to be "push on".

All three of mine are "split". I started down the path of gluing them back on ... there just seems to be too much tension when they are put back together to withstand how much "stretch" they'll need to go over the legs. Hence, I abandoned my sophomoric notion.

Thanks, let me know what you find out.

I found this, but it's across the pond from me. Was hoping to find something I could get my hands on sooner. But, I guess I can't go wrong with the "real deal".

http://www.patersonphotographic.com/category.php?categoryID=1245

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:29 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

Oops . I thought you meant the rubber feet that fitted over the plastic spikes . If you mean the spikes themselves then no I don't know of any other option other than those generic walking stick / crutch rubber feet

But that benbo site in your link is probably your best option

Aug 23, 2015 at 01:02 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Rubber Feet for Benbo 1 ...

Yup ... the spikes.

One upside to this. I disassembled the legs a bit for cleaning in prep to gluing. In the process, I had a thought of putting some spray foam (and maybe a thin layer of sandwiched sand) in the upper leg for additional dampening (and hopefully a warmer tactile feel in the winter).

Aug 23, 2015 at 01:23 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.