Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Source for Canon E1 Hand Straps?

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Source for Canon E1 Hand Straps?

Can anyone recommend a reliable source for Canon E1 hand straps? I much prefer these to the E2.

I realize that most of what is out there are Chinese knockoffs. About 2 years ago I bought one from Cowboy Studio. It was less than $10 and virtually identical to my genuine E1. Maybe even more comfortable.

Cowboy Studio is out of stock, and eBay seems to only have vendors in China or Hong Kong, with long delivery dates (some out to October). Plus I doubt those for sale there are all equal quality. I'd like to find a vendor in the US with something in stock.

Looks like Cowboy Studio Canada has hundreds of these, so I may look into going that route if they will ship to me.

Thanks!

Mark

Aug 19, 2015 at 02:05 PM
jrhoffman75
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Source for Canon E1 Hand Straps?

If you remove the tripod mount is essentially an E1. That's how I use it.

Aug 22, 2015 at 08:07 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Source for Canon E1 Hand Straps?

I still own several Canon E1, and while the part that touches your hand is leather, the outer face is plastic and flakes off after a few years. I switched to Camadapter hand straps: made in USA and 100% leather. They seem to last forever albeit the initial installation is fiddly. I attach one end to an Arca plate loop and the other to the strap lug.

http://www.camdapter.com

http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/frary/thinktank_retrospect_images/Retrospective_7open_3393s.jpg

Aug 23, 2015 at 05:17 PM
danski0224
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Source for Canon E1 Hand Straps?

Peak Design has a hand strap.

Aug 23, 2015 at 07:11 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Source for Canon E1 Hand Straps?

Thanks guys. I just don't like the look of the E2, and I don't like having to pay for the tripod socket adapter I wouldn't use. The Peak Design strap looked really interesting. The Camdapter also looked good. I like how well made they seem to be, definitely nicer than the E1.

But the non-Canon seem a lot bulkier than the E1. And all three options are a lot pricier. My original E1 on my 7D is about 5 years old now, and looking a bit worn (but no flaking). I've had a knockoff on my 1DMkIV for about 2 years, and it still looks like new.

For the price and simplicity, I decided to go with another E1 knockoff for $7 on eBay. It's from China, but it has already shipped. Hopefully it will be as nice as the one on my MkIV.

Thanks again,

Mark

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:29 AM
onesickpuppy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Source for Canon E1 Hand Straps?

msalvetti.....I tried just recently one of the "knockoffs"....and its 90% like having the original.
They are slightly lighter (material not as dense), but work just like the original.

I would suspect that the padded part may not hold up as well....but so far...its doing really great.

Aug 24, 2015 at 04:44 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Source for Canon E1 Hand Straps?

Thanks. The knockoff on my MKIV is probably better than my original. The pad seems a bit more substantial and it is holding up really well. The Canon version on the 7D is very flimsy now, and should probably be replaced except I hardly use the 7D anymore. More of a backup camera.

Mark

Aug 25, 2015 at 07:56 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.