New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · green screen kit

digitalgrafx

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · green screen kit

Looking to get a decent green screen kit and software setup to use at a bar mitzvah. Any suggestions? Dont have much experience with this aspect of the business.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:56 AM
leethecam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · green screen kit

I've used Photokey 6 Pro with a degree of success on an event like that.

Camera was set to deliver JPEGs to a tethered laptop with the software automatically popping on a key'd background to each image.

With a little adjustment you can get a respectable result. I wouldn't want to trust it to a commercial job, (but then I wouldn't use a green background for a composite anyway), but the results were quick, clean and good.

Customer service was also good during my learning curve. Definitely needs a test drive or two before you use in anger... I think they do a demo version which puts a watermark over the result so you can test it properly.

I used a Lastolite 6x7 pop up background, lit with two softboxes so it was within 1/2 stop throughout. Subject was lit to equal light level. Ideally you'd have a backlight, but this is just a Bar Mitzvah so you'll be OK without methinks.

Aug 20, 2015 at 01:05 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.