FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Deception Pass State Park is really beautiful

lattiboy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Deception Pass State Park is really beautiful

Camped in Deception Pass this last weekend. It's a lovely place. Fuji XE-2 with 16-50mm and developed in Lightroom.

Aug 18, 2015 at 06:13 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Deception Pass State Park is really beautiful

#2 would be my favorite here, but the kayaker is facing out of the frame instead of into it. When choosing to include human elements into a Landscape photo, the direction they are facing is very important as our eyes tend to follow where the human element is looking, and you don't want peoples eyes to leave the frame.

#3 is the best as far as the human element being in the frame and their positioning. With #1, 4 and 5, none of those work for me as the humans are facing wrong directions and really messing up with the visual focus in those shots.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Aug 18, 2015 at 06:50 PM
psharvic
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Deception Pass State Park is really beautiful

I think Jim is spot on. The sunset was the potential star here but didn't develop. Silhouettes as secondary subjects require really good composition. A neat place, I'll bet you had a fine evening.

Aug 18, 2015 at 07:56 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Deception Pass State Park is really beautiful

JimFox wrote:
#2 would be my favorite here, but the kayaker is facing out of the frame instead of into it. When choosing to include human elements into a Landscape photo, the direction they are facing is very important as our eyes tend to follow where the human element is looking, and you don't want peoples eyes to leave the frame.

#3 is the best as far as the human element being in the frame and their positioning. With #1, 4 and 5, none of those work for me as the humans are facing wrong directions and really messing up with the visual
...Show more
____
I agree with Jim's comments. BTW, You should post a shot of the narrows of Deception Pass (if you have one) It can be scary.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:03 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.