New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Cameron Serious

hawksfan30
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cameron Serious

I Think the boy had enough of me taking his pics for the day- I managed to get one smile out of him in the bw photo-
2 568 youngnuo flashes fired by 2 622n youngness transceivers at 1/32 power thru softball camera left (off camera flash)

Aug 15, 2015 at 02:00 PM
Puffin Runner
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cameron Serious

Hi Fan,

Cute kid. And his serious face isn't bad at all, especially if it conveys something of his natural personality. He doesn't appear angry, just serious.

One question: the sideways pose seems somewhat awkward and unnatural. Were you going for some particular look or theme? Also, it appears someone told him to hold his shoulders up for the color image -- compare it to the B&W and you'll see what I mean.

In general, and that means "in my opinion," kids are much more photogenic when they're doing something they really want to do. In other words, arrange for them to be in their element, and capture candids that turn into portraits because you were prepared with the lighting and the arrangement and the composition and the camera settings. It takes a lot more time, but the results can be cherished works.

If I were being really nit-picky, I'd ask if you purposely sought the high contrast between the boy's right side and his left side. It's not BAD, but as you can see with a fair-skinned person, to gain the shadow detail you're close to blowing out the area around his eyes.

Aug 15, 2015 at 07:19 PM
hawksfan30
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cameron Serious

Thanks for the sound advice and the cc- always something to learn

Aug 15, 2015 at 09:22 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.