FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · North Rim of Grand Canyon, part 3

genefixer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · North Rim of Grand Canyon, part 3

Few more images from trip to the North Rim. Comments and suggestions always welcomed!

On the "road" to Point Sublime

From Bright Angel

At Point Sublime

Aug 14, 2015 at 01:23 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · North Rim of Grand Canyon, part 3

Hey Mike,

#1 is my favorite. It took me a minute to figure out of the background was from cranking a polarizer to high or what. And then I realized it must be just the darkness of the canyon walls behind it. Very cool photo there. #3 is my other favorite.

Jim

Aug 14, 2015 at 07:00 PM
DougDolde
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · North Rim of Grand Canyon, part 3

I'll vote for the first one too. The others just don't have very appealing light.

Aug 14, 2015 at 09:36 PM
JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · North Rim of Grand Canyon, part 3

The first for me as well.

Aug 15, 2015 at 07:21 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · North Rim of Grand Canyon, part 3

4 then 1 for me - for composition. They are both nice but 4 would be improved by dawn/dusk shooting.

The composition in 2 could be improved - to my taste - by cropping off the top and right so that the cliffs behind were not competing with the central focal point - the middle mountain.

For me 3 has no defined subject - for composition.

Thanks for sharing. I have only been to this spot once and it reminds me that I could go take pictures in the winter without freezing.

Scott

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:09 AM
genefixer
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · North Rim of Grand Canyon, part 3

Scott

Thanks for your suggestions. 2hr drive one-way for the pano shot and was not set up for camping. Will try your cropping suggestions on #2. Re:#3, the subject for me was the play of the early am shadows.

Thanks again !

Mike

Scott Stoness wrote:
4 then 1 for me - for composition. They are both nice but 4 would be improved by dawn/dusk shooting.

The composition in 2 could be improved - to my taste - by cropping off the top and right so that the cliffs behind were not competing with the central focal point - the middle mountain.

For me 3 has no defined subject - for composition.

Thanks for sharing. I have only been to this spot once and it reminds me that I could go take pictures in the winter without freezing.

Scott

Aug 16, 2015 at 12:27 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.