Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Non-serious WWYD thread

Mark_L
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Non-serious WWYD thread

if you got this enquiry

(From http://clientsfromhell.net/post/126250069304/we-dont-usually-take-job-posting-screenshots-but)

Aug 09, 2015 at 05:00 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Non-serious WWYD thread

I'd take it pending how much it paid. I'd also ask for a comp'd meal while I was there.

Aug 09, 2015 at 06:39 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Non-serious WWYD thread

I don't see the problem, except for it being quite challenging in that environment.

Open a deep line of communication on how to achieve the best results, and decide if you're up for it. I think it'd be cool, but awful hard to execute and not get caught.

Aug 09, 2015 at 08:22 PM
Steve Tinetti
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Non-serious WWYD thread

Creepy. I would pass.

Aug 09, 2015 at 08:35 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Non-serious WWYD thread

I'd want more information to see if it really is creepy. Maybe they are lifelong friends and this is the first romantic date and he has a pretty good idea and good reason to believe they will eventually marry. I always respond to every inquiry giving them the benefit of the doubt that it is legitimate and they aren't idiots. That can grow tiresome but if they took the time to email then I would take the time to thoughtfully respond and dig deeper.

If they just poked each other on eHarmony or ChristianMingle I would politely advise that he not put his cart before his horse.

That being said... If they are going to marry and one day he drops the bomb that he hired a photographer to capture the first date... Her mind is going to be racing with thought involving words such as stalker, creep, weirdo, etc. so it may be an unwise move regardless of the relationship potential.

Interesting situation for sure. Will be following this thread.

Aug 09, 2015 at 09:56 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Non-serious WWYD thread

Context.

You need it.

Fact is, for the woman, this could easily be perceived as stalkerish and an invasion of her privacy. I agree with Kurtis that the matter could be awkward in the future even if they do go steady. Her mind will be racing alright. "Did he also tape us having sex 'just in case'?"

Is this a Tinder date? If so = creepy as hell.

Maybe they are long lost loves from high school who lost touch after he enrolled in the military and a decade later, both of them find themselves at the right place at the right time with their love so effervescently boiling and they've decide to meet again to see if the magic will be rekindled. You being there could capture that Disney magic that makes all the cynics puke.

You never know!

Aug 09, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Non-serious WWYD thread

Thumbtack.... If the budget says "I'm not sure" then I skip it. That is a hard and fast rule for me, regardless of the rest of the post.

Paul

Aug 09, 2015 at 11:41 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.