FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · The Labyrinth...

DSC01
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Labyrinth...

I just returned from a run through Northern New Mexico with my wife. We were out exploring and came across this labyrinth , I normally don't include objects like this in my images but thought this one worked in the comp. All comments welcome and thanks for viewing, Regards Dean

https://dc-photography.smugmug.com/Summer-2015/i-p2qpFsw/0/XL/_19A0678-Edit-XL.jpg

Aug 09, 2015 at 09:33 AM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Labyrinth...

Hi Dean,

That's a nice catch with interest throughout the frame. Nice clouds, nice rock formations, and interesting circles. The dark patch of sky on the left is a huge distracting element though. I would crop to the right of the slightly darker cloud and darker bush, and to the left of the distant rising rock formation.

Tim

Aug 09, 2015 at 02:34 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Labyrinth...

I agree with Jim on the crop,that would greatly increase the composition. Personally i dont really like toned bw images, i prefer a clean bw, but thats just my personal preference.

Other than that its a pretty sweet shot.

Aug 09, 2015 at 02:56 PM
FLSTCSAM
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Labyrinth...

I think it's a nice image. I would however adjust the perspective.

Sam

Aug 09, 2015 at 04:15 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Labyrinth...

Hey Dean,

That's a neat find there. I do agree to crop off the right or remove the darkness from the sky on the left side. The rest of it looks cool.

Jim

Aug 09, 2015 at 06:04 PM
DSC01
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Labyrinth...

Thanks everybody for the feedback and suggestions I will take a look and see what improvements I can make.
Regards,
Dean

Aug 10, 2015 at 02:06 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.