New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Mt Rainier National Park

Anzxio
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mt Rainier National Park

I am off to Mt Rainier NP for a few days in a week and need some pointers on shooting locations. I'll be staying at the Paradise Inn.

It looks like i've missed the vast majority of the wildflowers this year which is a shame, but can't really be helped!

Are there any particular areas best suited for wildlife photography? (i'm a landscape photographer, but would at least like a chance at some wildlife photos!).

Thanks

Aug 08, 2015 at 03:59 AM
John Zeman
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mt Rainier National Park

When I stayed at Paradise Inn 5 years ago shooting Rainier as the sun came up from nearby Reflection Lakes was excellent.

http://myplace.frontier.com/~johnzeman2/photos/2011_0922_065504.jpg

Aug 10, 2015 at 04:22 PM
TheGoodGrief

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mt Rainier National Park

If you're into a long hike, Burroughs trail has some really amazing views. It was a bit busy, but you can still get unimpeded shots, and if you make it all the way to Burroughs 3, you stand close enough to a glacier to hear it creak and groan. I saw mountain goats and marmots on the way up as well. I think the hike took about 6 and a half hours to complete.

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:01 PM
Anzxio
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mt Rainier National Park

A quick update... I moved on from Mt Rainier NP a few days ago. Unfortunately British Airways neglected to load my bag so I was missing my tripod and filters... Not exactly ideal. So my sunrise reflection lakes photos aren't brilliant, but I tried! I did however spot a bear on a trail out of Sunrise.

My Rainier NP is well worth the trip though, and I'd definitely recommend it.

Aug 21, 2015 at 07:06 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.