FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Smith Rock, Central Oregon

Twistedimg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Smith Rock, Central Oregon

I realized I haven't shared this one. First a quick story. I've always been a photography hobbyist. Over the years I've taken less and less as other interests were taking priority. This past April on a Boy Scout camp with my son I decided to throw the old 20D in the backpack and snap a few along the hike.

This was a quick snapshot as we stopped for a snack. It was shot in jpg with a 17-40 f/4L and Hoya CP. In all honesty it was probably even in a semi auto mode. After getting home and touching it up in PS I realized how much I miss photography and needed to spark the hobby again. After some discussion with friends, right after this trip I sold all my Canon gear and went to a different platform (which I'm much happier with and have been using quite a bit).

I'm hoping to go back to this spot next spring again and take this again, with the new setup, and see what changes a new platform and year of practice yield me.

Smith Rock by Jacob Carroll, on Flickr

Aug 07, 2015 at 04:06 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Smith Rock, Central Oregon

Hey Jacob,

Not a bad snapshot here. With the inclusion of the rock climber, it almost feels like more of a sports shot (Rock Climbing) then a Landscape image.

The 20D is definitely going to feel it's age in today's world, so getting something newer with better IQ and DR will definitely make the photography experience a more pleasant one for you.

If you search in here in the forum for Smith Rock, you will see some really sweet shots people have posted, and perhaps give you some ideas for some future shots there.

Jim

Aug 09, 2015 at 06:16 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.