New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Olympic National Park recommendations needed

jaehoppa
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Olympic National Park recommendations needed

Hi, I'm planning to visit Olympic National Park in September for about 2-3 days and I wanted to know which part of the park is a must visit. I haven't started planning my trip yet but would like to have some recommendations to start with. It will be 2-3 days depending on the locations and distances between them.
Will be landing in Seattle and driving to the park. Recommendations on lodging would be helpful as well.
Thanks in advance.

Aug 06, 2015 at 11:23 PM
JohnC
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Olympic National Park recommendations needed

As you approach the park from Seattle (take the Bainbridge Ferry) you will pass Sequim which has the fields of lavender, then Hurricane Ridge which doesn't have much snow on it now, about an hour from the entrance. Back to the highway another hour or so to Crescent Lake has two waterfalls: Madison (5 minute hike and Marymere Falls at least one hour hike round trip. You can stay in the park at Sol Duc where there are hot Springs and a pricey restaurant. Another hour to Forks I would stay at Olympic Suites. From there half hour drive to the beaches (First, Second (one hour hike RT), Third and Rialto) Make sure you time it for low tide. I thought the Rivers Edge restaurant at First Beach was pretty good, the rest of the food in Forks is pretty bad. From Forks go west one hour drive to Hoh rain forest, the two hiking trails will take a couple of hours and further west are more beaches of which Ruby is the most scenic. Its usually pretty foggy so the spectacular sunsets you see photographed are spotty and you have to plan around the tides and either hiking back through the forest in the dark or camping. Have fun.

Ruby Beach

Sequim lavender

Aug 07, 2015 at 09:03 AM
kim sloan

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Olympic National Park recommendations needed

The above plan is excellent. WE just did that trip. As stated look for low tide for the pools, and higher tide if want to get pictures of the wave action against the rocks. Mornings and evenings can be problems due to fog. If want to stay right at the beach look at town called La Push. It is at the ocean same area as Forks.

Aug 07, 2015 at 12:58 PM
jaehoppa
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Olympic National Park recommendations needed

which beach would be best for sunset? Rialto, Second, or Ruby?

Aug 08, 2015 at 10:30 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.