New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · A boy and his Tonka Truck

Abwkbw

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A boy and his Tonka Truck

We were at a family cookout and my 1.5 yea- old son fell in love with this Tonka truck. He kept sitting in the bed of the truck asking us to push him around. I had about 5 seconds to take this photo and was pleased with the overall results. I'm interested in any feedback regarding what works with the image and what could be improved for next time. Thanks! - Adam

Aug 04, 2015 at 10:25 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A boy and his Tonka Truck

I like the image, its a great moment from your family's snippets of life. I dont really think that this is an image that really needs any feedback on what could have been done better as the image and moment wasn't the intention right? you just happened to have the camera but were sharing a sweet moment with your son.

i think you did a great job being able to just get the picture of a toddler since they are usually so active and moving around lol.

If you had extra time, you could have waited it out a bit and try different things to get him in a more playful mood with his expression like say silly things, make goofy sounds or gestures that he finds funny or make silly faces etc... things you know he would typically react towards in order to get a different expression.

As it sits.....just grabbing the camera and snapping the pic, great job.

Aug 05, 2015 at 12:40 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A boy and his Tonka Truck

I agree with nextelbuddy. I'm sure you will cherish this photo of your son in the future.

Since he asked to be pushed around while he sat in the truck, next time you get a chance you might consider capturing family members doing just that. It would be great to see him and the "transportation provider" interacting. It would be a nice complement to this more contemplative image.

Aug 05, 2015 at 01:14 PM
Abwkbw

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A boy and his Tonka Truck

nextelbuddy wrote:
I like the image, its a great moment from your family's snippets of life. I dont really think that this is an image that really needs any feedback on what could have been done better as the image and moment wasn't the intention right? you just happened to have the camera but were sharing a sweet moment with your son.

i think you did a great job being able to just get the picture of a toddler since they are usually so active and moving around lol.

If you had extra time, you could have waited it out a bit and try
...Show more

You're absolutely right. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate your feedback. - Adam

Aug 05, 2015 at 08:07 PM
Abwkbw

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A boy and his Tonka Truck

dmacmillan wrote:
I agree with nextelbuddy. I'm sure you will cherish this photo of your son in the future.

Since he asked to be pushed around while he sat in the truck, next time you get a chance you might consider capturing family members doing just that. It would be great to see him and the "transportation provider" interacting. It would be a nice complement to this more contemplative image.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look to get more interaction next time and tell the story from a few different angles

Aug 05, 2015 at 08:09 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A boy and his Tonka Truck

That's cute.

Nextelbuddy hit the mark. I have many shots like this, but I have many where I have followed something along his advice too.

Aug 05, 2015 at 09:15 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.