Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              127      
128
       129              139       140       end
  

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR
  
 
CritterRacing
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #1 · p.128 #1 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


few more from today. Still loving this lens.




  NIKON D850    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/6.3    1/320s    220 ISO    -1.0 EV  






  NIKON D850    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/6.3    1/250s    125 ISO    -1.0 EV  






  NIKON D850    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/6.3    1/200s    110 ISO    -1.0 EV  




Oct 02, 2017 at 02:23 AM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #2 · p.128 #2 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


*




  NIKON D500    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/7.1    1/500s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D500    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    850mm    f/9.5    1/500s    1250 ISO    0.0 EV  




Oct 02, 2017 at 02:30 AM
gvg45
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.128 #3 · p.128 #3 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


First clicks with the new toys.




  NIKON D850    500mm    f/5.6    1/640s    640 ISO    +1.0 EV  






  NIKON D850    500mm    f/5.6    1/640s    500 ISO    +0.7 EV  






  NIKON D850    500mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    1000 ISO    +0.7 EV  




Oct 03, 2017 at 05:03 AM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #4 · p.128 #4 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


Lots of great shots so far. Can't say that any D850 shots look any better than D500 ones. JMO


Oct 03, 2017 at 02:29 PM
gdsf2
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.128 #5 · p.128 #5 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


Imagemaster wrote:
Lots of great shots so far. Can't say that any D850 shots look any better than D500 ones. JMO


True. I doubt you will be able to see the difference in highly downsampled shots on the web. Now, printed large format. That is what the D850 is about. JMO



Oct 03, 2017 at 09:38 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #6 · p.128 #6 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


gdsf2 wrote:
True. I doubt you will be able to see the difference in highly downsampled shots on the web. Now, printed large format. That is what the D850 is about. JMO


Yeah, and 99.9% of us won't see the large format prints.

My point is that even at web-size, the D850 shots should not look worse than D500 shots.



Oct 04, 2017 at 12:09 AM
gdsf2
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.128 #7 · p.128 #7 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


Imagemaster wrote:
Yeah, and 99.9% of us won't see the large format prints.

My point is that even at web-size, the D850 shots should not look worse than D500 shots.


I imagine the quality of different photos, posted at web size, has more to do with the photographer, the conditions when the shot was taken, and the quality of the post processing, rather than the choice between these two cameras.



Oct 04, 2017 at 03:19 AM
AnnJS
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.128 #8 · p.128 #8 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


I don't know if the fault lies on this site; or it is the fault of the sites which are hosting the pictures; but some pretty ghastly compression-induced artifacts are very evident in many of these photographs.

Perhaps the fault lies with both sites?

People really need to click on the images and look at them at original size before commenting on image quality.

The pixelation often seems to be worse on furry animals than on birds.



Oct 05, 2017 at 03:36 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #9 · p.128 #9 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


This thread is about a lens, not a camera body.....




  NIKON D500    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/3200s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D500    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D500    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/3200s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D500    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D500    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON D500    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  




Oct 05, 2017 at 03:57 AM
gvg45
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.128 #10 · p.128 #10 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


A few more from the other day.




Searching...

  NIKON D850    500mm    f/5.6    1/1600s    140 ISO    0.0 EV  






Found One!!

  NIKON D850    500mm    f/5.6    1/1600s    180 ISO    0.0 EV  






Got'em!

  NIKON D850    500mm    f/5.6    1/1600s    220 ISO    0.0 EV  




Oct 05, 2017 at 04:03 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 

        


bs kite
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #11 · p.128 #11 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


gvg45 wrote:
A few more from the other day.


Beauties! That #2 is super!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, because it has been a very long time since I have observed at length, feeding aggregates of herons/egrets:

The Snowy is the only one among the herons/egrets that demonstrates this ability to fly across a pool of trapped fish, while at the same time, dropping its head and plucking them from the water. I have seen them work pools like this, back and forth, while other herons had to stand on shore and watch because the water was too deep.

Thanks for bringing back the memories


Edited on Oct 05, 2017 at 04:25 AM · View previous versions



Oct 05, 2017 at 04:14 AM
bs kite
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #12 · p.128 #12 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


arbitrage wrote:
This thread is about a lens, not a camera body.....


I am envious . Great shots as usual from you.

What did you use for an AF array.....Group ?

Oh no, I remember now: You preset focus and used the old "hair" trigger finger when they flew. Good work.

Never mind me. It is late at night for me.



Oct 05, 2017 at 04:19 AM
Lance B
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #13 · p.128 #13 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


AnnJS wrote:
I don't know if the fault lies on this site; or it is the fault of the sites which are hosting the pictures; but some pretty ghastly compression-induced artifacts are very evident in many of these photographs.

Perhaps the fault lies with both sites?

People really need to click on the images and look at them at original size before commenting on image quality.

The pixelation often seems to be worse on furry animals than on birds.


Can you indicate specific images, please. I haven't seen any evidence but I haven't looked all that hard either.



Oct 05, 2017 at 07:39 AM
Lance B
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #14 · p.128 #14 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


arbitrage wrote:
This thread is about a lens, not a camera body.....


Fabulous results!



Oct 05, 2017 at 07:39 AM
Lance B
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #15 · p.128 #15 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


gvg45 wrote:
A few more from the other day.


Great captures!



Oct 05, 2017 at 07:39 AM
gvg45
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.128 #16 · p.128 #16 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


bs kite wrote:
Beauties! That #2 is super!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, because it has been a very long time since I have observed at length, feeding aggregates of herons/egrets:

The Snowy is the only one among the herons/egrets that demonstrates this ability to fly across a pool of trapped fish, while at the same time, dropping its head and plucking them from the water. I have seen them work pools like this, back and forth, while other herons had to stand on shore and watch because the water was too deep.

Thanks for bringing back the memories


Thanks Robert!

Yes, I believe you are correct. I've seen them on a few occasions dunking it's head into the water, however I've never been in a good position to capture it until the other day.

~Greg



Oct 05, 2017 at 03:41 PM
shekarn64
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #17 · p.128 #17 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


Harvest Moon anyone?


There is a bug in one of the shot!

















Oct 06, 2017 at 12:28 PM
RKnecht
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #18 · p.128 #18 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


Looks like the 200-500 plays nice with the D850. Big surprise. This lens is a steal.


Oct 06, 2017 at 01:29 PM
Pixphatic
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.128 #19 · p.128 #19 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


RKnecht wrote:
This lens is a steal.


Agree, esp at that price point.


RKnecht wrote:
Looks like the 200-500 plays nice with the D850. Big surprise.


It played really well with the D810 as it is a FX compatible lens. So was not surprised to see it extracting the most from the D850 FX sensor. It is only the beginning, as I am rather expecting amazing images from this combo.



Oct 06, 2017 at 02:03 PM
Howard Kearley
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #20 · p.128 #20 · Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR


Female Kingfisher showing off her Beauty






  NIKON D5    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6 lens    500mm    f/8.0    1/500s    1400 ISO    -0.3 EV  




Oct 06, 2017 at 03:42 PM
1       2       3              127      
128
       129              139       140       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              127      
128
       129              139       140       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password