Very lucky day ! Clouds stay nice until sunset
Thanks for looking

Edited on Aug 03, 2015 at 06:15 AM · View previous versions

Aug 02, 2015 at 09:24 PM
dalite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunflower field

The sunset has potentially nice colors but two things about this photo: (1) you need to level the horizon and (2) focus is not achieved. I would also recommend waiting a few minutes more to let the sun almost, but not quite, disappear behind the treelike. That way you won't get so much flare.

Looking closer, I see that the distant electrical pylon is, indeed, vertical. So the sloping land is the way it is. But we are mostly used to seeing a level horizon and you can make it look so by removing the pylon so that frame of reference no longer appears.

What were your settings? We can give a better critique if we know what they were.

Aug 02, 2015 at 10:34 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunflower field

Man, what a beautiful place to be! I just wish it was in focus. The shot being out of focus hurts it the most. What happened?

Jim

Aug 03, 2015 at 12:33 AM
epphoto
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunflower field

JimFox wrote:
Man, what a beautiful place to be! I just wish it was in focus. The shot being out of focus hurts it the most. What happened?

Jim

Thats what happens if you cannot see good anymore
I took a picture of my monitor with my iPhone earlier and the time i upload the picture i mix it up with the original
Sorry about this

Aug 03, 2015 at 06:17 AM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunflower field

epphoto wrote:
Very lucky day ! Clouds stay nice until sunset
Thanks for looking

Nice. Is this from the Clear Meadow Farm in White Hall, Maryland?

Aug 03, 2015 at 07:13 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunflower field

epphoto wrote:
Thats what happens if you cannot see good anymore
I took a picture of my monitor with my iPhone earlier and the time i upload the picture i mix it up with the original
Sorry about this

Happens to me all the time, IE not seeing well. I am glad you reposted because I was not seeing the soft focus others spoke about, but I would have a hard time seeing it if it were.

I like the shot. I agree about letting the sun almost disappear before shooting. Provides plenty of sun star and yet far less flare.

Anyone who is in the wild knows that fields are often sloped. I always shoot level and for my use the slope is fine, but it has become customary to change it for display.

Aug 03, 2015 at 08:57 AM
epphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunflower field

ben egbert wrote:
Happens to me all the time, IE not seeing well. I am glad you reposted because I was not seeing the soft focus others spoke about, but I would have a hard time seeing it if it were.

I like the shot. I agree about letting the sun almost disappear before shooting. Provides plenty of sun star and yet far less flare.

Anyone who is in the wild knows that fields are often sloped. I always shoot level and for my use the slope is fine, but it has become customary to change it for display.

Thanks for the feedback
I do love the sun and the star effect
I do have pictures without the sun but I don't like them
It's not right or wrong here it's about personal opinion
Thanks again

Aug 03, 2015 at 09:07 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.