FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · When using MM with 70-200

duet
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · When using MM with 70-200

Hi, when you are using 70-200 with MM, do you clip the strap to the lens or the body? I've thought it'd be safe to hook it up to the lens, but yesterday I realized I've shot whole wedding with the camera clipped to thr strap and not realizing it. What do you guys do and think?

Aug 02, 2015 at 02:04 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · When using MM with 70-200

I use a BR not the MM, but I always clip to the lens; it balances better and the lens is heavier than the camera so I would think that stresses the mount less. I know many will strap to both camera and lens, but I am OK with just the lens. This may also vary depending on the body and lens... a 1DX or D4 with an F/4 would balance completely different than a 5D and an F/2.8.

Paul

Aug 02, 2015 at 11:17 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · When using MM with 70-200

I clip to the body. A gripped D810 is about the same weight as the 70-200 and it balances well.

Aug 03, 2015 at 09:05 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · When using MM with 70-200

I didn't like how it handled hanging from the lens personally. Try it both ways and see what you like because that's all that matters. Security of the system is fine either way.

Aug 03, 2015 at 02:22 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.