Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Isca
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Olympus EM-1

Sold

Price: $700.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new

Olympus EM-1 plus extras – Bought new by me with the intention of going to a smaller kit, turns out I don’t like small heavily automated cameras! I will include a RRS L-Plate, bought largely for tripod mounting but also adds some size to the camera which I find helpful for handling. Also, when I bought the camera which was when it first came out I took advantage of the free FL-300R flash which I will include. Two batteries. Comes with all boxes. I can’t see a mark on any of it except maybe dust from lack of use! I’m trying to sell the whole thing together, I’d rather not break it up. $750

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Sigma 19/2.8

Available

Price: $110.00

Sigma 19/2.8 – Absolutely clean, lovely little lens, comes with everything including a lens pouch and hood m4/3 mount. $140

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Olympus 12-40/2.8 Pro

Sold

Price: $625.00

Olympus 12-40/2.8 Pro – Two very minor rub marks on the zoom ring and focus ring, you have to look at them in the right light to see them, pretty much guaranteed to have got there by rubbing against another thing in the camera bag. I have misplaced the hood. Comes with the box etc $675

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Olympus 75-300/4.8-6.7

Sold

Price: $350.00

Olympus 75-300/4.8-6.7 – lens and box but that’s all Olympus gave me when I bought it. Tiny scuff mark on focus ring but other than that, clean. $400

Edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 03:40 PM · View previous versions

Aug 02, 2015 at 10:31 AM
scottyinfrisco
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

PM sent!

Aug 02, 2015 at 01:01 PM
Isca
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

7937 shutter count, flash fired 344, camera turned on 598 times on the EM-1

Aug 02, 2015 at 03:49 PM
Isca
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

not sure if PM is working ok but email may be best, [email protected]

Aug 05, 2015 at 01:57 PM
chrisboar

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Pmd you.

Aug 06, 2015 at 12:05 AM
tvphung
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Maybe Gareth just dropped the ball on me but here's the timeline, you guys tell me if I should trust someone on internet who tell me to relax after this whole thing:
Tuesday at 7:53pm: i first PMed Gareth about his ad
Wednesday at 6:41am: he PMed me back and agreed to the deal
Wednesday at 8:41am: i PMed him that i'm sending him money soon
Wednesday at 10:04am: i PMed him over 1200 dollars has been sent to his account and asking him to send me a tracking number
Wednesday at 10:28am: he PMed confirming that he got the money
Wednesday at 1:39PM: he said he can't find a box so he will ship it on Thursday.
Wednesday at 2:32PM: i said "that's ok, i'm looking forward to it"
- now that's the last i heard of Gareth on the FM's PM.
Thursday at 3:20PM: i PMed asking if he has shipped out and please send me the tracking number
- nothing from Gareth
Friday at 7:48am: i saw him online so i sent another PM
- no response from Gareth again
Friday at 7:55am: i sent him an email instead asking if he has send it out and please send me the tracking number. also told him that i PMed him.
Friday at 8:00am: he sent me an email said "not yet" "but wil definitely have it out the door inside 2 hours"
Friday 8:05am: i said "that's ok. good to hear back from you. thanks"
-NOTHING from Gareth
Friday 1:43pm: (much longer than 2 hours his second promised) I asked him again if he has shipped out and please once again, send me the tracking number
-NOTHING from Gareth
Friday 7:54PM: I said this transaction is making me uneasy and that i would like a refund.
Friday 9:23PM: he said this in my email "It went this afternoon. Relax." STILL NO TRACKING.
Friday 10:31PM: asking him for trackign
-nothing from Gareth

really? RELAX? are you fking kidding me, Gareth? is that what you are saying to me? after i paid you IMMEDIATELY almost 3 business days ago while you continuously lied and ignored my reasonable request of the paid items to be shipped and trackign to be provided? i'm fking panicking!!! maybe 1200+ dollars is not big in your world but it's a huge investment for me. At this point, i jsut really hope this guy is good enough (112 great feedbacks huh) for a refund. I have never had this many issues dealing with an FM seller before. I dont know how people have done it but this is unacceptable for me lies/silences after i'm now out of 1200+ dollars. I no longer feel good about whatever I get from Gareth's. I want to be out of this deal.

does anyone actually know this Gareth?

Aug 15, 2015 at 01:34 AM
Isca
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Interesting take on it but ok. I absolutely agree that I was late shipping the package out, by a day. And I apologize for that.

A day!!

Lance, I would urge you to look at my positive feedbacks and if that isn't enough, Google my name. My internet footprint goes to around 4-5 pages on a Google search.

On Friday morning, I had every intention of going to the Post Office but my son ended up going for me on Friday afternoon when he got off work because unfortunately my job got in the way.

After work I went out for dinner with my wife and then saw Lance's email when I got home on my way to bed and responded on my phone literally as I was walking up the stairs to bed! I'm not in the habit of checking messages when I'm out on a date with my wife.

It's now Saturday morning and I feel the need to respond to this message publicly before emailing the tracking number as a form of damage control. Lance asked me for further updates and a refund at 1:32am and 2:02am.

Sorry Lance, I go to bed at night.

Astounding.

tvphung wrote:
Maybe Gareth just dropped the ball on me but here's the timeline, you guys tell me if I should trust someone on internet who tell me to relax after this whole thing:
Tuesday at 7:53pm: i first PMed Gareth about his ad
Wednesday at 6:41am: he PMed me back and agreed to the deal
Wednesday at 8:41am: i PMed him that i'm sending him money soon
Wednesday at 10:04am: i PMed him over 1200 dollars has been sent to his account and asking him to send me a tracking number
Wednesday at 10:28am: he PMed confirming that he got the money
Wednesday at 1:39PM: he
...Show more

Aug 15, 2015 at 08:52 AM
tvphung
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Your communication is the worse I've seen and it's not one day late. The fact that you were scared to admit you didn't shipn out while I repeatedly asked you showed the man you are.

And don't tell me you didn't have one second to send me the tracking through email instead of telling me to "relax" after I paid you for 3 days.

Why should I Google you? Who you are or what you do on Google is not changing the fact that you did not keep your words and be honest in this business transaction.

Gareth, it's nice to know that you can sleep very well with my money in your pocket. I'm glad for you, really... For me, I didn't do too well with that last night but Gareth is OK and had a blast at dinner and good dream and that's all it matters.. One second is too long to tell someone where their money is going...

So thanks gareth. You've taught me a valuable lesson to never to deal with someone that is so into himself and very little regard for anyone else. Have a nice nap today. Everyone needs a nap also..

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:52 PM
Isca
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Please, make him stop

Aug 15, 2015 at 02:46 PM
tvphung
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Isca wrote:
Please, make him stop

I just got your camera and lens. They're not 10+ .. at most they're 8. here are some photos for you:

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rkdm6M1nP1E/VdVP3u-EFTI/AAAAAAAAABM/LisuYxML8Nw/w1024-h768-no/P1040622_1024.jpg
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ziqV6QmrOyQ/VdVP4G1_UMI/AAAAAAAAABQ/e-PDmAfCB2o/w1024-h768-no/P1040625_1024.jpg
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-V33yfIWkQgE/VdVP52seWfI/AAAAAAAAABg/-SP38q1MfRk/w1024-h768-no/P1040638_1024.jpg
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-66ha_dq75nw/VdVP6HLU0XI/AAAAAAAAABk/af1qy_-eexE/w1024-h768-no/P1040639_1024.jpg
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-U5DGpLm9Bpg/VdVQRWBUp_I/AAAAAAAAACA/pOz69NmgoNA/w1024-h768-no/P1040627_1024.jpg

i'm going to file a dispute with paypal and my credit card company.

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:05 PM
Isca
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

I will respond at length privately, I don't see the need to do all this publicly, quite classless really.

Aug 20, 2015 at 07:22 AM
tvphung
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Isca wrote:
I will respond at length privately, I don't see the need to do all this publicly, quite classless really.

Really? Wow. Aren't you classy? This is buy and sell forum. This is what it is for. To document all transactions and make sure people know out in the open for future reference. Also Gareth, you told me to never ever email you again, remember?

Do you think your stuff is 10? Are you serious? How selfish are you? I just posted the evidents that they are worse than 8. No way I'm mistaking them with new items.

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:54 AM
tvphung
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Of course Mr. Gareth isn't going to response to this or email or paypal dispute, he's too classy for his buyer.

I may give you until this weekend or Monday (if i feel like it) to say what you have to say, then i'll escalate this Paypal claim to the next level.

Aug 21, 2015 at 02:46 PM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Not to be a turd but I am going to suggest locking this thread...you two need to take your dispute/angst either in a PM or an e-mail..this is not the place to dispute or argue openly.

Aug 21, 2015 at 04:59 PM
tvphung
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · FS: Sigma 19/2.8

Discussing about fraud for items sold on this very same thread is not allowed?

Aug 21, 2015 at 05:35 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.