Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story ma...

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

It has just been reported that Cecil's brother, Jericho, was killed today...also illegally. I 'm at a loss for words...
Eric

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/01/world/cecil-the-lion-brother-jericho-illegally-killed/index.html

Why me?
https://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Botswana2007/i-F3fhSvq/0/X2/Africa%202007whyme%3F-X2.jpg

Edited on Aug 01, 2015 at 03:34 PM · View previous versions

Aug 01, 2015 at 02:50 PM
Ektar25
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

Why me??

Aug 01, 2015 at 02:54 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

Some might find this article of interest. It tries to get at some of the reasons that create the circumstances that drive these types of horrid acts. Maybe some attention will be brought to the practices and situations that allow these things.

Unfortunately, many people don't even respect one another, hard to get them to respect animals.

Lion

Birdie

Aug 01, 2015 at 03:30 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

How do we stop this??

Aug 01, 2015 at 03:32 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

I've just read a few more articles and it appears that the original article may have been incorrect....I'm sure more news will follow as to how this story came to be. It appears another lion but not Jericho was killed...small consolation.
Eric
http://kfor.com/2015/08/01/cecil-the-lions-brother-jericho-illegally-killed-by-hunters-saturday/

Aug 01, 2015 at 03:34 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

The strength is within Eric. Sorry for your loss. The memory and your images will make you stronger.

Aug 01, 2015 at 05:36 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

I heard this as well Eric. Very sad

Morris

Aug 01, 2015 at 06:41 PM
raymondjbarlow
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

When I travel to the Ngorogoro Crater, the lions lay along the roadside. The tires from the truck roll within 1-2 feet of these lions, as they are absolutely unafraid of us humans.

They lay there asleep, for hours minding their own business.

How can anyone get some sort of a thrill out of shooting a sleeping animal., or awake for that manner. I guess this is just a sickening human instinct, one of many traits some of us have which are way past brutal, and disgusting.

2000 years ago we hunted to survive., lets hope that stupidity wears off sooner then later.

There is nothing more rewarding then showing pure respect for nature.

Aug 01, 2015 at 10:38 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

Somehow this shot really hits home Eric. A distinct proudness, a wonderful look of royalty and power emanate from this Lions eyes. Ray's last sentence says it very well.

I hope that there is not another tragic loss and that the article is in error

Great shot Eric, emotional.........
Karl

Aug 01, 2015 at 10:59 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

The story is all the more distressing when one finds out that the lion was shot with an arrow and was hunted and finally killed 40 hours later. And then it was beheaded!! All those cruel and insensitive SOBs with their $$$ do this for self-gratification in trophy accumulation. I hope the doctor gets extradited and gets his due justice.

Aug 01, 2015 at 11:16 PM
DonGut
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Seriously, is this a joke...Cecil's brother killed too(update...story may have been false)

There is simply no justification to hunt any animal predator in this day and age when virtually every large predator on earth is endangered! The argument that the money generated by these "hunts" actually helps save the animals is completely unfounded. Look at the recent Nat. Geographic article on taxidermy where a rich "hunter" uses this argument. I can't believe NG would publish such crap!!! I salute everyone that supports wildlife by taking pictures. It's the only hope they've got!!
Don

Aug 01, 2015 at 11:45 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.