New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Dumb Question

dkmiles1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dumb Question

I've been on FM for several years now and it's still a mystery to me how to upload larger images to a forum post - when FM limits you to 640 pixels. I

'm sure this has to have come up before, but my photos are literally thumbnail sized every time I post, yet I see post after post with large images in them.

I can't seem to find an answer in the FAQ section either.

I regret if this is a silly question, but any assistance would be appreciated!

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:07 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dumb Question

dkmiles1 wrote:
I've been on FM for several years now and it's still a mystery to me how to upload larger images to a forum post - when FM limits you to 640 pixels. I

'm sure this has to have come up before, but my photos are literally thumbnail sized every time I post, yet I see post after post with large images in them.

You should be able to upload images up to 2000px on the longest side, as long as the file size is 1000Kb or less.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1377385/4#13121071

Aug 01, 2015 at 06:17 AM
dkmiles1
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dumb Question

That solved it! Next silly question is how are you able to upload (or post) more than the 5 photo limit in a post?

Aug 01, 2015 at 08:09 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dumb Question

dkmiles1 wrote:

The ONLY dumb or silly question is the one not asked!

Many of us have had this happen before so do NOT be afraid to ask.....some people will admonish you for your question...ignore it and friendly users , as is "mitesh" will respond. But don't ignore the rath of members if YOU DON"T READ THE RULES!!! Just my FYI.
Dan

Edited on Aug 01, 2015 at 08:16 AM · View previous versions

Aug 01, 2015 at 08:13 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dumb Question

More than the limit of 5? I dont think so...just start a Part2 like many others.
Dan

Aug 01, 2015 at 08:14 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dumb Question

dkmiles1 wrote:
That solved it! Next silly question is how are you able to upload (or post) more than the 5 photo limit in a post?

If you are using FM's Upload service, then do as Dan suggests and simply make another post in your thread with another five images. Alternatively, you can insert links in your post to your images hosted elsewhere. That method has no limit to the number of images per post.

Aug 01, 2015 at 08:41 AM
dkmiles1
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dumb Question

mitesh wrote:
If you are using FM's Upload service, then do as Dan suggests and simply make another post in your thread with another five images. Alternatively, you can insert links in your post to your images hosted elsewhere. That method has no limit to the number of images per post.

OK - cool, but where do you enter the link to another hosting service? I can't seem to find a place to add that when I post.

Thanks for your understanding with this post/question guys - much appreciated!

Aug 01, 2015 at 09:27 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dumb Question

dkmiles1 wrote:
OK - cool, but where do you enter the link to another hosting service? I can't seem to find a place to add that when I post.

Thanks for your understanding with this post/question guys - much appreciated!

You enter it into the body of your text as a link back to the hosted image. See the below link for a discussion on linking to images hosted on Flickr, for example:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1284140

Aug 01, 2015 at 09:33 AM
dkmiles1
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dumb Question

mitesh wrote:
You enter it into the body of your text as a link back to the hosted image. See the below link for a discussion on linking to images hosted on Flickr, for example:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1284140

OK - so here's a test shot from Flickr....

https://flic.kr/p/u3vQyR

Aug 01, 2015 at 09:47 AM
dkmiles1
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dumb Question

Grrrrr.... One more time....

Jenna and Daniel 5.23.15-1198-Edit by Darren Miles, on Flickr

Aug 01, 2015 at 09:49 AM
dkmiles1
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dumb Question

Got it! Thanks guys!!!

Aug 01, 2015 at 09:49 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Dumb Question

Looks good!

Aug 01, 2015 at 10:06 AM
dkmiles1
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Dumb Question

mitesh wrote:
Looks good!

Thanks, just figured out that you have to use the "BBCode" - never even knew what that was. Really, appreciate the help!!

Aug 01, 2015 at 10:11 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Dumb Question

Agree with mitesh..nice....
Dan

Aug 01, 2015 at 04:01 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Dumb Question

dkmiles1 wrote:
Grrrrr.... One more time....

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/403/18406444121_0c8f92e1c6_b.jpgJenna and Daniel 5.23.15-1198-Edit by Darren Miles, on Flickr

At first glance it looks like the two are giving somebody the "the finger."

EBH

Aug 01, 2015 at 06:13 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Dumb Question

Danpbphoto wrote:
The ONLY dumb or silly question is the one not asked!

“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”

- Scott Adams

But the answer to a stupid question is better than the answer to a question never asked.

Aug 01, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Dumb Question

DanBrown wrote:
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”

- Scott Adams

But the answer to a stupid question is better than the answer to a question never asked.

Dont see the word stupid in this reply....is it one of those "read between the lines..with fingers up" metaphors??

Aug 02, 2015 at 08:28 AM
bf5hpjg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Dumb Question

Danpbphoto wrote:
Dont see the word stupid in this reply....is it one of those "read between the lines..with fingers up" metaphors??

I also see no relationship to the word or reference to stupid here. Always 1 Danny, always one...

Glad you received your questions answered in a nice response..silly no way, dumb not inferred nor suggested, stupid not from the poster.
Dom

Aug 02, 2015 at 10:16 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Dumb Question

I also see no relationship to the word or reference to stupid here. Always 1 Danny, always one...

Dom

In America, they're the same:
"Well then, you're as dumb as you are stupid."
- Archer, Season 2

I realize in this day and age of political correctness, one should tread lightly, but it was a joke. No intention to call the OP stupid. I guess I should have ended with so it would be clear.

- Better?

Aug 02, 2015 at 03:57 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.