Jul 31, 2015 at 09:47 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Traveled to Cappadocia

alphakappa wrote:
And put together a series of pictures

http://stories.kandangath.com/cappadocia

If you look at all of the other threads here, people are posting their photos, not links. You will get more response by actually posting up to 5 photos in a thread here. (please read the forum guidelines first).

Thanks,

Jim

PS. I haven't clicked on your thread, but if the photos are cityscapes, please be sure to post them in the Cityscape forum instead as this is the Landscape Forum.

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:36 PM
blueshadows
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Traveled to Cappadocia

I followed the link and found......interesting and well-photographed landscapes of a country (Turkey) I'll never visit in person. There were a few of those dreaded cityscapes, too, although most were rural (alas, no Mormon barns). A nice blend, all telling one photographer's story.

It's nice to view images at larger sizes, without restrictions on their number.

And it takes but a second or two to open a link, the same time to close the new window and return to the forum if you aren't interested.

Aug 01, 2015 at 01:01 AM
alphakappa
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Traveled to Cappadocia

It may well be true that embedding the images here might get a better response, but what I want to share here is not just the images bit the whole experience contained within the presentation. This includes the whole look and feel of the story along with the full page images.

There is no commercial intent here - the website is purely personal and the images are available at full resolution and aren't even watermarked, so I feel comfortable with providing a link to it.

I fully understand that this may not get much of a response, but I'm okay with that. After all, the point is just to share, right? :-)

Aug 02, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Traveled to Cappadocia

alphakappa wrote:
It may well be true that embedding the images here might get a better response, but what I want to share here is not just the images bit the whole experience contained within the presentation. This includes the whole look and feel of the story along with the full page images.

There is no commercial intent here - the website is purely personal and the images are available at full resolution and aren't even watermarked, so I feel comfortable with providing a link to it.

A better way to achieve this is to embed one or two photos here and then provide a link to your blog/site.

Aug 02, 2015 at 11:53 PM
alphakappa
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Traveled to Cappadocia

Rajan Parrikar wrote:
A better way to achieve this is to embed one or two photos here and then provide a link to your blog/site.

Interesting thought - sort of like a trailer for the website. Not sure I will do that though, but thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Aug 03, 2015 at 12:34 AM
Cheryle Sytsma
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Traveled to Cappadocia

Enjoyed your trip...
thank you for your posting.

Aug 04, 2015 at 05:32 PM
alphakappa
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Traveled to Cappadocia

Thanks Cheryle! Glad you enjoyed it!

Aug 05, 2015 at 01:21 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.