Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2015 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

pontmercy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

and with last communication about shipping soon, tracking number to be provided should I wait before I consider trying to get PayPal to refund?

I found a seller on Sunday, paid on Monday, last PM was Wednesday saying that he was shipping in the morning, sending tracking, and then nothing. I've tried PM'ing just to check, no reply. I have used the PayPal email today, no reply.

I'm promise I'm not being impatient, I just want some confirmation that I'm not getting scammed and that the item will be shipped soon. I understand people are busy. But just let me know.

So when should I worry?

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2015 at 03:52 PM
zephyres
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

You paid on Monday and the seller had the whole week to ship. Unless you were intimated by the seller that the shipment would be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, I would contact PayPal.

Jul 31, 2015 at 04:07 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

Contact Fred, too.

Jul 31, 2015 at 04:09 PM
pontmercy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

The only comment he made was on Wednesday, he apologized and said he was on the road and to look for a tracking number that night. No word since.

Jul 31, 2015 at 04:12 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

I travel a lot and can understand the seller not getting the tracking number before he left on the road. Did you try PM or send him another e-mail?

Jul 31, 2015 at 04:35 PM
pontmercy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

@chez, I appreciate that and told him on Wednesday in reply to my last correspondence to him that still shows unread in the PM interface here at FM, that I understand being busy and on the road and all I wanted him to do was to inform me of how long the delay would be and that it would, actually, be shipping and that this wasn't some scam. Then nothing. I sure hope he will respond, I really would like to conclude this transaction by getting the camera I purchased instead of fighting to get a refund, if any.

Jul 31, 2015 at 06:35 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

Yeh, if he is away traveling, he might have shipped it before he left and just not checked FM since he left. Do you have an e-mail contact? I know when I travel, there are times I don't log onto FM for many days.

Jul 31, 2015 at 06:46 PM
pontmercy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

I just tried his two email addresses (one with paypal, one with his twitter account). I hope he checks in and tells me it was sent on Tuesday and he just has been so far out of pocket that he couldn't send the tracking. BUT that said, it would be nice to know.

Jul 31, 2015 at 06:50 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

Sorry, Chez, you rationale doesn't f'g float with me. Seller is sitting on some amount of cash that IS NOT HIS!!. I could give a shite less if "he's on the road." If he's "on the road" he shouldn't have put the damn item up for sale in the first f'g place, UNLESS he had said "i'm gonna be on the road and, even though you pay me right away, and I've got your money, I won't be able to tell you when it'll ship. In fact I won't even be in touch with you." BTW, it took me less than 5' to write this note. so unless the dude is on Mars, NO EXCUSE.

pontmercy: file a damn claim and do it STAT. Advise Fred as well and also post the link here of the item you "bought" so we can "out" yet another scummy member.

Jul 31, 2015 at 07:47 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

anthonysemone wrote:
Sorry, Chez, you rationale doesn't f'g float with me. Seller is sitting on some amount of cash that IS NOT HIS!!. I could give a shite less if "he's on the road." If he's "on the road" he shouldn't have put the damn item up for sale in the first f'g place, UNLESS he had said "i'm gonna be on the road and, even though you pay me right away, and I've got your money, I won't be able to tell you when it'll ship. In fact I won't even be in touch with you." BTW, it took me
...Show more

Who knows if it's been already shipped, we don't know. For all we know the only thing the seller forgot was to get the tracking number before he boarded a plane. Personally, I'd cut him some slack as sh*t happens to all of us and most times things turn out fine.

Jul 31, 2015 at 09:41 PM
pontmercy
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

Well, I wrote one more plea for communication from this guy. I don't care how long it takes to get it, I'd rather just get it than have to try to get a refund.

But I also warned him that if I don't hear from him soon, I will start that process.

Thanks for your advice.

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:23 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

I totally agree with Anthony on this. These days communication abounds. I constantly get both texts and p.m.'s from the Fred Miranda site within minutes if someone responds to my thread, threads I've subscribed to, a p.m. was sent, or almost any communication. This person has been communicated with. He or she is intentionally not responding.

If I am selling something, that becomes my top priority until it's packaged, insured, shipped, and tracking number sent. I've never had a deal go bad. The customer comes first. Yes, even in a private sale.

What does "On the road" mean anyway? I've been on the road, and there's a lot of down time. Additionally, as far as I know, every salesman or person in the world has access to constant communication. That excuse doesn't wash these days. Unless they prefer a telegraph office.

anthonysemone wrote:
Sorry, Chez, you rationale doesn't f'g float with me. Seller is sitting on some amount of cash that IS NOT HIS!!. I could give a shite less if "he's on the road." If he's "on the road" he shouldn't have put the damn item up for sale in the first f'g place, UNLESS he had said "i'm gonna be on the road and, even though you pay me right away, and I've got your money, I won't be able to tell you when it'll ship. In fact I won't even be in touch with you." BTW, it took me
...Show more

Aug 02, 2015 at 05:38 AM
jancohen
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

ckcarr wrote:
I totally agree with Anthony on this. These days communication abounds. I constantly get both texts and p.m.'s from the Fred Miranda site within minutes if someone responds to my thread, threads I've subscribed to, a p.m. was sent, or almost any communication. This person has been communicated with. He or she is intentionally not responding.

If I am selling something, that becomes my top priority until it's packaged, insured, shipped, and tracking number sent. I've never had a deal go bad. The customer comes first. Yes, even in a private sale.

What does "On the road" mean anyway? I've been on
...Show more

+1

If you're going to sell something and accept payment for it, unless you're incapacitated or can't communicate for some other plausible reason, you stay in touch with someone who sends you payment.

Being on the road is not an acceptable excuse, unless you worked out those details with a buyer before they send payment.

People often seem to lose site now-a-days of what some still consider ethics.

Aug 02, 2015 at 12:11 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

pontmercy, have you heard back from this person yet? If not, given your last post, I can absolutely understand why: you post is quite clear: "I don't care how long it takes get it." hell if I'm the guy who sold it to you, and I saw that line? I'd make sure "I scheduled my 6 month Uzbekistan trip, some of the funds for which you graciously donated to me." And if I happened to lose the item you bought from me, well, tough shitski. You bought the farm with that comment.

Aug 02, 2015 at 12:38 PM
pontmercy
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

There was no point starting the Paypal escalation on a saturday but I am doing so first thing in the morning right after I try the phone number I found for the guy. If he got into an accident, and is incapacitated, I'd would hope that a family member was monitoring at least his phone.

YES to all, it IS REDICULOUS to sell something, take money and then do nothing. Even if his intentions weren't to steal, it is theft and fraud to not follow through.

My only hope is that I don't get some lame excuse from Paypal why they can't do anything. I used to sell a lot on eBay and I'd get screwed about twice a year for many years. When ebay and paypal would do nothing, I'd just have to chalk it up to bad debt on my taxes and take the deduction.

Sad thing here is that there are plenty of great people here on FM selling and following through but I will likely hesistate from now on buying.

Aug 02, 2015 at 12:51 PM
pontmercy
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

Okay, I decided I might as well get this thing started. I escalated the Paypal case. I tried calling the dude's phone number listed on his website... no longer in service, of course.

A real shame but hopefully by escalating the case it might pressure the guy to finally respond or more likely he will ignore it completely with hopes that PP can reverse the funds. It will take a few weeks, unfortunately.

As soon as the deed is all done I will email Fred and tell everyone here this guys info that I have collected (if he didn't steal someone's identity in the first place). Sadly, as I said earlier, I won't be so trusting.

I wish there was an escrow service available for these kinds of transactions.

Aug 02, 2015 at 04:16 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

was PayPal "gift" the payment option that you used? If so, you're REALLY up against it.

Aug 02, 2015 at 05:57 PM
pontmercy
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

No, thankfully, I paid via regular method. At least it's only $350. I will live if I lose it. I will not, however, do much more dealing on the buy and sell forum after this. Lesson learned.

Aug 02, 2015 at 06:03 PM
Etherton
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

pontmercy wrote:
No, thankfully, I paid via regular method. At least it's only $350. I will live if I lose it. I will not, however, do much more dealing on the buy and sell forum after this. Lesson learned.

The majority of members are good people. Don't let one bad apple ruin your FM experience.

Aug 02, 2015 at 06:32 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Advice: Seller Issue – how many days after payment...

So, pontmercy, do us all favor so that none of the rest of the membership falls prey to this "person" and post the username here in the clear. If you do that, you will have also protected the rest of us who might happen across one of the Seller's ads.

Aug 02, 2015 at 07:02 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.