New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Issue with seller on FM

Heavenhated
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Issue with seller on FM

I fear this could even be the leseargent himself. He is quite capable of disguising himself under any user name and has huge potential to even try hacking one of our user names.

I have now even changed my password to really complex one that even i cant remember

Go with Paypal. It may take close to 30 days to finally get your money but its worth it.

To Paypal, clearly provide all the evidence including the mails, PM's everything you shared.

And going forward, always request sellers to send an invoice. THis way it clearly becomes a sale through invoice similar to ebay.

Aug 05, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Druhzin

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Issue with seller on FM

It was sent via invoice. They still haven't requested anything off me yet and I'm going to be it of state for work fir 2 weeks.

Aug 05, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Issue with seller on FM

So it WAS sent Tracking?
Good luck..

Aug 06, 2015 at 07:17 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Issue with seller on FM

Heavenhated wrote:
I fear this could even be the leseargent himself. He is quite capable of disguising himself under any user name and has huge potential to even try hacking one of our user names.

I have now even changed my password to really complex one that even i cant remember

Go with Paypal. It may take close to 30 days to finally get your money but its worth it.

To Paypal, clearly provide all the evidence including the mails, PM's everything you shared.

And going forward, always request sellers to send an invoice. THis way it clearly becomes a sale through invoice similar to
...Show more

SV, Boy is that not the truth my friend!!!! leSargeant1,2&3 and Genesis 2015 and now maybe another
You can't let this slide and give a person like this the benefit of doubt. Become proactive!! It is easier to loose a smidgen of credibility if the sale goes thru or is cancelled by the seller but far better than possibly losing dollars in the end.....
S.V(Heavenhated) and I have been there!
Dan

Aug 06, 2015 at 07:21 AM
Druhzin

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Issue with seller on FM

Im just over it. I want to return this and get my money to get a legit lens. Always thought of FM as the legit site, but seems you just can't get away from scammers.

Aug 06, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Issue with seller on FM

That is very true BUT there are many legit great sellers here...While no 100%feedback is assured of a legit deal....dealing with someone who has many feedbacks, established both in posting and b&s is worthy of a good look and consideration.
If you need a reference for a buyer/seller...ask those who left him feedback...Lastly TALK to the person!!!! I always do on items over $50!
Whatever the lens you are looking for will come around...be disgruntled but not discouraged...Patience is a must here. My last purchase took me 2 years to find and boy did I get a winner!!
Regards!
Dan

Edited on Aug 07, 2015 at 03:52 PM · View previous versions

Aug 06, 2015 at 12:37 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Issue with seller on FM

Druhzin wrote:
Im just over it. I want to return this and get my money to get a legit lens. Always thought of FM as the legit site, but seems you just can't get away from scammers.

Don't blame FM for your decisions.

Aug 07, 2015 at 08:28 AM
jancohen
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Issue with seller on FM

Scamming happens in a lot of places that can be turned to today for purchases and is a sign of the times we live in. It doesn't matter whether here on FM, at Nikonians, Dpreview, eBay, etc., nothing replaces due diligence which, while perhaps offering more comfort to the buyer (and seller), is also no guarantee that one won't be scammed.

In any case, such due diligence might include:

1. Buying from/selling to someone who appears to have a history (including recently) of using the product, as somewhat exemplified by (e.g.) their posting of questions, comments, and their own work elsewhere on FM and/or perhaps other forums/web sites;
  2. Adequate feedback here and/or elsewhere, feedback whose ownership might be substantiated somehow. That's somewhat easier to do right here on FM if a person has been a regular;
  3. Possibly sharing verifiable email addresses and phone numbers when dealing with the more expensive items, and communicating with each other using them;
  4. Meeting in person if time and place allows.

The list could go on, but I think I've covered the main points.

If what I mentioned above doesn't seem like enough and you still feel uncomfortable, you've always got established retail outlets like KEH, B&H, Adorama, etc., that you can turn to. Doing so might be more expensive, but it can come with that peace of mind not found through other avenues, depending on the individual.

Lastly, I know the sort of advice I mentioned above might especially hit home with those who haven't been here long, and I apologize if it does. Not everyone is out to scam someone, and I know a lot of the new people might find what I've said troubling. Hang in there. There are those of you who have sought advice as to how best to establish themselves here, and fairly sound advice has been given. The only thing working against you might be time if you're in a hurry.

Edited: btw, feel free to add to the list if you think I've missed something.

Aug 07, 2015 at 09:15 AM
Druhzin

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Issue with seller on FM

PayPal settled in his favor. Ill be contacting my bank now.

Aug 09, 2015 at 10:22 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Issue with seller on FM

Heavenhated wrote:

And going forward, always request sellers to send an invoice. THis way it clearly becomes a sale through invoice similar to
...Show more

Alabama, Maryland, New Hampshire and FBI are NOW involved looking for this guy(woman) "leSargeant".
My post will update all tomorrow....
Dan

lesargeant

Edited on Aug 10, 2015 at 07:37 AM · View previous versions

Aug 09, 2015 at 12:12 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Issue with seller on FM

Druhzin, holy horse hockey!!! On what basis did PP settle in his favor? Did they tell you? Did you have a credit card to back up your PP payment? Sure do hope so.

Aug 09, 2015 at 02:54 PM
Druhzin

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Issue with seller on FM

They didn't say. I'll be contacting my bank tomorrow. It's technically a counterfeit item to then so should be okay I hope

anthonysemone wrote:
Druhzin, holy horse hockey!!! On what basis did PP settle in his favor? Did they tell you? Did you have a credit card to back up your PP payment? Sure do hope so.

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:12 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Issue with seller on FM

Druhzin wrote:
They didn't say. I'll be contacting my bank tomorrow. It's technically a counterfeit item to then so should be okay I hope

If it is a counterfeit item and crossed state lines, file a local police report AND a FBI IC3 compliant. In my case I have done both and so far with good results, especially from FBI IC3. But all hinges on local LEO's investigation which should be complete within hours.
Good Luck!
Dan

Aug 10, 2015 at 07:35 AM
Druhzin

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Issue with seller on FM

Looks like it may have beeen fixed with my bank. Chase said theyre reversing charges and sending paypal the info.

Danpbphoto wrote:
If it is a counterfeit item and crossed state lines, file a local police report AND a FBI IC3 compliant. In my case I have done both and so far with good results, especially from FBI IC3. But all hinges on local LEO's investigation which should be complete within hours.
Good Luck!
Dan

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Issue with seller on FM

Druhzin,

Excellent news....

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:07 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Issue with seller on FM

Druhzin wrote:
Looks like it may have beeen fixed with my bank. Chase said theyre reversing charges and sending paypal the info.

Great news!!
But I didn't loose any money . You did and Heavenhated almost did.
Dan

Last PM after account was reopened for a day..
I quote- Message Body- "Author Name-
leSargeant>>> Please i mean no harm .The fedex shipent contains the 128GB's flash-drives.I sent them to prove my self so you would know i truly had the flash-drives and wanted to sell to you.I apologize for not informing you of my absence during the sale.I was confused about my account lock and i over-reacted by laying blames.You can keep the flash-drives at no cost,you deserve them.So very sorry once again for not letting you know i would be leaving town during the sale.I sincerely apologize ,as this was the cause and genesis of whatever misunderstanding."

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.