Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Online print sales/e-commerce solution for wildlife photography?

OBXGuide
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Online print sales/e-commerce solution for wildlife photography?

Wasn't sure which forum to post this to for wildlife specific photography. Looking for recommendations for what service to use (like a Zenfolio service) for selling wildlife prints. I'm asking as I really don't need all the album, books, and such services a wedding photographer would need. Much too much overkill and complexity in Zenfolio. I just need for anyone (not just clients with the secret code) to go to a publicly accessible web page gallery, and be able to look at images, select what they like, then log in or sign up to order and purchase prints online, and the markup difference put in my paypal account. Needs to be simple for the customer and without necessary intervention from me. Is there anything out there you could recommend?

Thanks,
Fred

Jul 29, 2015 at 03:56 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Online print sales/e-commerce solution for wildlife photography?

smugmug.

Jul 29, 2015 at 04:11 PM
frdjohns
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Online print sales/e-commerce solution for wildlife photography?

Fred - Zenfolio can do exactly what you are asking for. I use it and keep it even simpler, as I don't allow direct sales of my images.

Zenfolio can be as simple or as complex as you want it; the only work involved is a little bit up front to decide on the format, color schemes, etc for your site. It looked a bit intimidating at first, but turned out to be pretty simple to set up.

regards,
Fred

Jul 29, 2015 at 04:36 PM
OBXGuide
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Online print sales/e-commerce solution for wildlife photography?

Sunny Sra wrote:
smugmug.

---------------------------------------------
Thanks Sunny. I'll look into smugmug. Since I'm not familiar with their paid services I don't yet know what other questions to ask you, but I may come back with questions later.

frdjohns wrote:
Fred - Zenfolio can do exactly what you are asking for. I use it and keep it even simpler, as I don't allow direct sales of my images.

Zenfolio can be as simple or as complex as you want it; the only work involved is a little bit up front to decide on the format, color schemes, etc for your site. It looked a bit intimidating at first, but turned out to be pretty simple to set up.

regards,
Fred

Thanks Fred. I did look at Zenfolio, but reading through it I got the impression they charge ME for prints, not the person ordering them, and talk about print order costs possibly being more than what the customer pays, so they want my credit card to insure the prints get paid for. What That made no sense at all. That really threw me off. Do you understand what they're talking about?

Many thanks.

Jul 29, 2015 at 09:17 PM
frdjohns
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Online print sales/e-commerce solution for wildlife photography?

Thanks Fred. I did look at Zenfolio, but reading through it I got the impression they charge ME for prints, not the person ordering them, and talk about print order costs possibly being more than what the customer pays, so they want my credit card to insure the prints get paid for. What That made no sense at all. That really threw me off. Do you understand what they're talking about?

Many thanks.

it's been a while since I looked at it, so I don't want to speak out of turn. I do know that how big a chunk they take is dependent on what level of membership you sign up for. At the lowest level, the photographer makes no money and zenfolio and the printer get the profit. As you move up the fee scale, you get to keep a larger chunk of what the customer pays and can set your prices accordingly.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:39 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.