New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · SL1 image review issues?

jasonpatrick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SL1 image review issues?

I recently sold my SL1 here on FM. The buyer received the camera but said that the image review function wasn't working. He tried the 2, 4 and 8 second review, but none of them seemed to work. He reset the settings and it still doesn't seem to be working. He is fairly local to me (an hour away) and I told him that I would meet him to give him a refund if he'd like.

I just wanted to check here before I waste two hours in the car only to find out it's some weird menu thing. I checked the manual (page 217) and it seems fairly straightforward. I've never used image review on any of my cameras - and the play button works just fine. Is there something I am missing?

Jul 28, 2015 at 04:05 PM
diverhank
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SL1 image review issues?

The only thing I can think of is if he didn't have a SD card in, the review feature is not gonna work.

Jul 28, 2015 at 05:07 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SL1 image review issues?

Probably face goo on the eye sensor. If dirty, the camera thinks you're still looking through the eyepiece and thus doesn't render image preview. The reason I know this is my wife owns a SL1 and her makeup transfers to the camera, eventually covering the eye sensor and hence no image preview. Needs a cleaning every 2 or 3 months and it's good to go.

Jul 28, 2015 at 05:31 PM
diverhank
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SL1 image review issues?

Wow...Gochugogi is absolutely right. I learned something new once more. You can either clean the sensor or you can turn it off by disabling the LCD Auto On/Off option (see page 230 of the manual).

Jul 28, 2015 at 05:54 PM
jasonpatrick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SL1 image review issues?

Thanks Gochugogi. I'll pass on the info! I imagine it's something like that. My daughter used the camera the most. It could just be some makeup on there.

Jul 28, 2015 at 06:27 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SL1 image review issues?

That's a interesting piece of information. I'll file it away, it might help someone else some day.

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:57 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.