New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · anyone using D750

duet
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · anyone using D750

in the wedding forum, there is a post reporting about a bunch of problems with this body. Is there anyone out therr having no issues at all?

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:49 AM
whatpoem

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · anyone using D750

I bought a very new D750 in December last year. I had one problem in May where the rear screen went blank.

I never had an issue with the 2 recalled issues.

I sent it back under warranty & they fixed the rear screen problem.

Other than that, the playback is a bit finicky on the one I have. When I press "play" to show a client an image, sometimes it doesn't actually display the image which is pretty annoying.

I just bought another from a member here so I'm interested to see if that happens with the one I'm getting.

But for the image quality, ISO performance, price & size, I love it.

Jul 27, 2015 at 01:04 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · anyone using D750

There are no serious or widespread issues at all with the D750. I would bet the overwhelming majority of users are having no issues at all under normal scenarios.

The D750 has 2 service advisories:

1) Unnatural flare may show up in very specific conditions:

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/i4xzkqns/Technical-Service-Advisory-for-Users-of-the-Nikon-D750.html

To give you an idea of the severity (lack of), note that this "issue" has been tested by reputable sources to be even worse on other bodies which still have not received service advisories at all (Like the Canon 1DX and some earlier Nikon bodies), and you don't hear people complaining about it. It affected some initial run D750's, and I suspect the vast majority of people didn't even know they had it because you had to create a fairly extreme scenario to have a chance at spotting it.

2) Possible image shading on bodies under certain circumstances produced from a very small window (Oct-Nov 2014):

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/ibs1kfdg/Technical-Service-Advisory-for-Users-of-the-Nikon-D750.html

The relentless internet testing/scrutiny that now occurs with every Nikon body since the D600 didn't even catch this one. Nikon brought it to everyone's attention and issued a service advisory if by chance it affects any users. I still have not seen an example of this anywhere. Honestly at this point I think Nikon is being over cautious, but it's better that than the other way.

The D750 never had any significant or widespread issues, certainly no worse than most other bodies out there. One of Nikon's best, especially for weddings if that's what you're into. You will find plenty of people having no issues at all. If anyone had issues outside the service advisories, they would be anomalies dealt with through warranty just like any other product.

Jul 27, 2015 at 01:04 PM
cohenfive
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · anyone using D750

I have had two of them, sent one back for the flare repair and another back for the shading issue...but I've never seen any issues of any kind with either of them. Great cameras all around, traded in my d4 for the two of them.

Jul 27, 2015 at 05:54 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · anyone using D750

whatpoem wrote:
I bought a very new D750 in December last year. I had one problem in May where the rear screen went blank.

I never had an issue with the 2 recalled issues.

I sent it back under warranty & they fixed the rear screen problem.

Other than that, the playback is a bit finicky on the one I have. When I press "play" to show a client an image, sometimes it doesn't actually display the image which is pretty annoying.

I just bought another from a member here so I'm interested to see if that happens with the one I'm getting.

But
...Show more

Try installing the firmware update. I had some issues with playback until I did that.

Jul 27, 2015 at 07:51 PM
whatpoem

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · anyone using D750

hijazist wrote:
Try installing the firmware update. I had some issues with playback until I did that.

When it was sent in for repair I'm assuming they updated the firmware (they did that with my D700 & D800) so I'm assuming its up to date, but I will check that out for sure.

Jul 27, 2015 at 08:34 PM
james.d53
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · anyone using D750

duet wrote:
in the wedding forum, there is a post reporting about a bunch of problems with this body. Is there anyone out therr having no issues at all?

I have almost 40K images on mine and never have had one issue. I have sent mine back to Nikon on both service advisories for insurance sake just in case I every sell it. It is a wonderful camera body. I am considering a second copy when the price drops.

Aug 01, 2015 at 03:22 PM
joefoo
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · anyone using D750

Mine has produced nothing but sheer photographic bliss. A similar thread on DPR brought out dozens of similar comments. I don't think Nikon's quality control is really any worse than the competition.

Aug 01, 2015 at 07:51 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · anyone using D750

Technically the only non-user/accident/delicate LCD-related issue I've had is occasional lockups during shooting weddings. Nikon stated they couldn't reproduce the issue.

Aug 03, 2015 at 08:15 PM
sonofjesse2010
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · anyone using D750

"If i was you I would get a D300 or D700 cause the rest of what nikon has made is 100% not as good DUH!!" Ok sorry I was being a little sarcastic, I have not had any issues with my D750 and have super enjoyed owning it.

Just be sure your firmware is updated and both TSA's are taken care of.

Aug 09, 2015 at 08:47 PM
keema

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · anyone using D750

The only thing that I've noticed with my D750 is that it's not consistent on the AF. Maybe it's related to lens as well (tamron 24-70 f2.8). But, I can only find it out once I get a new D810.

Aug 10, 2015 at 02:00 AM
ahaug
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · anyone using D750

I have read that some people have af problems. However, with my lenses (nikon 12-24, 28, 60g, 85 1.8g, 70-200) its the best I've ever seen and just what I need. I come home from a wedding with 2000 images and maybe 10 are out of focus. Its really crazy good.

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:57 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.