New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Topaz detail 3 action problem

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Topaz detail 3 action problem

I have had Topaz for years and have many actions that initiate a Topaz process. But with Detail 3, I am having problems.

I start the action recording and make a new layer with the appropriate name. I then go into Topaz Detail 3 and start one of its presets or one I have created. I select “apply” and ok to exit, and then close the action. The effect is present when I finish, for example sharpening is on the layer and I can turn the layer on and off and see the effect.
But the next time I use the action, nothing happens.

If I look deeper into the action, I can see all the Topaz slider settings are at zero.

I could of course manually edit the slider values within the action, but there must be another way. I don’t have this issue with denoise or adjust. I found a tutorial for Topaz actions, but it did not cover Detail 3.

Jul 26, 2015 at 05:01 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Topaz detail 3 action problem

Either no Topaz users here or no solution.

Jul 27, 2015 at 08:51 AM
Burdie
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Topaz detail 3 action problem

I also made an action with Topas Detail and it works fine.
Are you sure you have installed the latest version(3.2)?

Bram

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:05 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Topaz detail 3 action problem

Yep I have 3.2. I am thinking I am not finishing it somehow before I exit. I hit apply and ok. I am also using Photoshop 2015CC.

Like I say, it works the first time when I create the action, but not later. I even made a preset of the Topaz settings in case it did not automatically find the one I am interested in which is overall lightness I.

I just submitter a ticket to Topaz.

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:20 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Topaz detail 3 action problem

Problem solved. After several emails from Topaz, I learned that you can't use "apply" inside your action. If you invoke "apply", it resets Topaz to zero. The dialog inside Topaz has two commands, "Apply" and "OK "in addition to a forward and back arrow. These are at the lower right corner.

The corerct way to include a Topaz setting into an action is to go into Topaz, make the desired adjustment and click "OK." That will apply the setting and return you to Photoshop with the change applied. The word "apply" in the Topaz dialog was mislaeding to me.

Anyway, it is solved now and I have several Topaz actions up and running.

Jul 28, 2015 at 08:37 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.