New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

fredster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

It all started with me not beingble to shut down my computer with Windows 8.1 It had gotten so bad I had to hold the on off button to shut down and It took a lifetime to start up. After ignoring It for almost a year I finally broke down and called Dell this guy really knew his stuff and was very computer savvy. Bottom line he said my computer was corrupted and I would have to do a system restore which I did and he said he will call back In a day or two I was able to get all my programs back but for the life of me I could not install Breeze Browser Pro no matter what I did no luck. Dell finally calls back this guy did everything possible but no luck he even did a copy of evey error message It was given and sent It to Breeze Browser. Breeze Browser got back to me and said they have no idea how to fix this problem and never heard of this. Even If I go to Breeze Browsers site If I try to download It I get ERROR insufficient disk space and If you press OK you get ERROR cannot prepare main package probably corrupted package, incorrect TMP/TEMP variables or there is no execute permission for temporary folder and no matter what I just cannot install it. And also I bought Down Loader Pro and even It was never installed on this computer I get the exact error message. Does anyone have any idea's about getting Breeze Browser Pro installed I am going to try and write down the other part of the error. This Is the exact message you get.

Edited on Jul 23, 2015 at 08:17 PM · View previous versions

Jul 23, 2015 at 07:57 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

Disable AV program
When you run setup, right click on the executable and select "run as administrator"
Check that your userid has full access to the program files folder
make sure your PC is up to date
Do a chkdsk /f and let it fix any errors (you may have a bad sector on the hard drive)

is it 32bit or 64?

Jul 23, 2015 at 08:08 PM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

Sunny Sra wrote:
Disable AV program
When you run setup, right click on the executable and select "run as administrator"
Check that your userid has full access to the program files folder
make sure your PC is up to date
Do a chkdsk /f and let it fix any errors (you may have a bad sector on the hard drive)

is it 32bit or 64?

Its a new machine less then a year hardly ever used It because of the problems. All of my other programs installed with no problem It Is 64 bit. And the tech from Dell went over the PC vigorously.

Jul 23, 2015 at 08:28 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

so did you do any of the steps listed?

Jul 23, 2015 at 08:30 PM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

Sunny Sra wrote:
so did you do any of the steps listed?

I followed your instructions If I try to run as the Administrator I get the very same message. It Is now saying It Is not compatible.

Jul 23, 2015 at 09:15 PM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

fredster wrote:
I followed your instructions If I try to run as the Administrator I get the very same message. It Is now saying It Is not compatible.

Also disk was fine no errors. funny thing I have It on my laptop and It installed fine. Also when I restored the computer It installed Windows 8 and I told this to Dell he could not believe It so I was trying to download with Windows 8 It was originally installed with 8.1 I wonder If that has anything to do with It.

Jul 23, 2015 at 09:23 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

fredster wrote:
Also disk was fine no errors. funny thing I have It on my laptop and It installed fine. Also when I restored the computer It installed Windows 8 and I told this to Dell he could not believe It so I was trying to download with Windows 8 It was originally installed with 8.1 I wonder If that has anything to do with It.

Upgrade to 8.1 first.

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

yeah upgrade to 8.1 and see what happens . heck wait a few days and upgrade to win10 and have a 'proper' OS again

as for the tech saying it was originally installed with 8.1 I'm not so sure about that . i think 8.1 is an upgrade not an origianal install . we bought my daughter a lenovo all in one and it said 8.1 on the ticket and on the box but it had plain 8 on boot up and then wanted to upgrade to 8.1 straight away (which took bloody hours) .
if your machine shipped with 8.1 the upgrade may have been done to the original image (that the drives are loaded with) but when you have to download or use the restore disk (do they still use those) that image is probably still win 8 not 8.1

as far as the original problem goes and the possibility of it messing with something on this install . do as as Sunny suggests .
is the drive an SSD or a spinning disk ?
your original problem was a problem that you have avoided for almost a year . yet the machine is less than a year old . so has the issue ben there nearly all the time ?
it could quite easily be a bad hard drive .

Jul 24, 2015 at 01:40 AM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

I did upgrade to 8.1. The mistake I made was installing It with Windows 8 now that I reinstalled Windows 8.1 It Is continuing It. There Is nothing wrong with the drive. I did get a few messages from Microsoft saying It did not trust the program. I just got an email from Chris Breeze just sent me an email suggestion that I install It manually by taking files from one computer and trying to stick It In the other computer. I am going to try It. Keep your fingers crossed.

Jul 24, 2015 at 06:07 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

I suggest you uninstall Breeze Browser Pro and re-purchase the software that is compatible with Win 8.1 and reinstall a clean version. I'm sure you have spent more than $70 in frustration. You might ask Chris Breeze if uninstall programs gets rid of all parts of BB Pro. I would first uminstall and then re-install and not just re-install over top of the original.

I have been using BB Pro for quite awhile and never encountered one problem. Good luck.

Jul 24, 2015 at 06:59 AM
fredster
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

mogud wrote:
I suggest you uninstall Breeze Browser Pro and re-purchase the software that is compatible with Win 8.1 and reinstall a clean version. I'm sure you have spent more than $70 in frustration. You might ask Chris Breeze if uninstall programs gets rid of all parts of BB Pro. I would first uminstall and then re-install and not just re-install over top of the original.

I have been using BB Pro for quite awhile and never encountered one problem. Good luck.

Chris Breeze suggested that I copy the files from another computer and manually install them In the other computer that I am having the problems with. So I took a flash drive and did a copy and paste I did It with Breeze Browser Pro and Down Loader Pro opened up the C drive on the other computer and did a paste then I did a copy and paste of the short cuts after doing all of that It asked for my serial # which I entered.THANK YOU CHRIS BREEZE IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! both programs are installed and working fine. And thank you guy's for your input really appreciate It.

Jul 24, 2015 at 07:09 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I Am In A World Of Trouble And Cannot Find A Fix

fredster wrote:
Chris Breeze suggested that I copy the files from another computer and manually install them In the other computer that I am having the problems with. So I took a flash drive and did a copy and paste I did It with Breeze Browser Pro and Down Loader Pro opened up the C drive on the other computer and did a paste then I did a copy and paste of the short cuts after doing all of that It asked for my serial # which I entered.THANK YOU CHRIS BREEZE IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! both programs are installed and working fine. And
...Show more

Good to hear that everything worked out.

Jul 24, 2015 at 07:22 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.