Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · Breakfast of champions

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Breakfast of champions

So on my way to work this morning, whilst snacking on the breakfast of champions, an M&M, I cracked a tooth, that I suspect has been threatening to break for the last week or so now that I think back. So it's off to the dentist for a crown...yippee....if only my favorite girl could have availed herself of the same service! I understand that as one matures the teeth get more brittle...ironically, no one has ever accused me of being mature
Eric

https://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/UgandaKenya-2011/i-s7pCjRd/0/X2/ED9C3461oliveyawn-X2.jpg

Jul 22, 2015 at 06:56 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Breakfast of champions

Eat nuts and your teeth get harder. I've had a dentist go through 5 bits trying open up a cavity to fill it.

You keeping this cat up late? Excellent photo Eric

Morris

Jul 22, 2015 at 07:44 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Breakfast of champions

Make sure you get a gold one with a diamond in it Eric.... If I hadn't just switched offices and lost access to my CEREC machine, I'd tell you to fly up for a crown and a little eagle shooting.

Great image.

TFS
Geoff

Jul 22, 2015 at 08:26 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Breakfast of champions

Excellent shot Eric. Nice to see the feline shots again. Sorry, it took a cracked tooth though. Good luck at the dentist.

Birdie

Jul 22, 2015 at 09:01 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Breakfast of champions

Some teeth are not all they are cracked up to be Eric. Been there - done that, so good luck. And as usual, a great feline shot ~ Ron

Jul 22, 2015 at 05:39 PM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Breakfast of champions

This one needs a lower crown , it appears.

Jul 22, 2015 at 07:57 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Breakfast of champions

morris wrote:
Eat nuts and your teeth get harder. I've had a dentist go through 5 bits trying open up a cavity to fill it.

You keeping this cat up late? Excellent photo Eric

Morris

Thanks Morris....having cracked three teeth over the past couple of years I suspect that I am past the teeth hardening phase....could I be getting so old that my kids will have to chew my food for me .....yikes!
---------------------------------------------

arbitrage wrote:
Make sure you get a gold one with a diamond in it Eric.... If I hadn't just switched offices and lost access to my CEREC machine, I'd tell you to fly up for a crown and a little eagle shooting.

Great image.

TFS
Geoff

Thanks for the advice...if it was more to the front a diamond would have been cool....not.
And too bad as I would have liked to take you up on that...but from arrival to departure with the new crown was 2 hours...pretty amazing not having to have impressions, a temporary and come back a week later for the final product. And it was very interesting watching the crown being made.

birdied wrote:
Excellent shot Eric. Nice to see the feline shots again. Sorry, it took a cracked tooth though. Good luck at the dentist.

Birdie

Thanks Birdie...it was pretty easy as one of our oldest and closest friends is our dentist even though it's a bit of a drive.....hard to believe from start to finish was only 2 hours and we schmoozed quite a bit or it would have been shorter I suspect.

Eric

surfnron wrote:
Some teeth are not all they are cracked up to be Eric. Been there - done that, so good luck. And as usual, a great feline shot ~ Ron

Herb Houghton wrote:

Jul 22, 2015 at 09:12 PM
davidearls
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Breakfast of champions

Wow, two hours for a crown. I had to get one last year, took the impression, two weeks to make. Progress comes slowly to MO.

There's a box of Wheaties out there with your name on it.

Loved the shot.

Jul 22, 2015 at 09:25 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Breakfast of champions

I'll vote for gold tooth too. Love the shot Eric.
harsha

Jul 22, 2015 at 09:58 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Breakfast of champions

davidearls wrote:
Wow, two hours for a crown. I had to get one last year, took the impression, two weeks to make. Progress comes slowly to MO.

There's a box of Wheaties out there with your name on it.

Loved the shot.

I had the same experience as you about 18 months ago....this machine will put the labs out of business....it was amazing....do they have gluten free Wheaties...I guess that would be a real oxymoron!

harshaj1 wrote:
I'll vote for gold tooth too. Love the shot Eric.
harsha[/quote
Thanks so much Harsha....really happy to see you back on the forum.....that is golden as far as I'm concerned.

Eric

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:10 PM
tfoltz
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Breakfast of champions

Eric, great shot but the word dentist just sends a chill down my spine
No offense to those who are

-Tim

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:02 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Breakfast of champions

Yes the crown in two hours is with the CEREC (or possibly the competitor E4D)....I've been using that since 2010 at my previous office but just moved offices so don't have the CEREC. However, I now have an in house lab that uses CEREC LAB and can still get me a crown in 2hrs so no big loss. Still I live in the Yukon home of the world's largest gold rush so gold crowns are still very popular here so labs are still doing just fine!!

Jul 23, 2015 at 07:29 AM
ScottHM
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Breakfast of champions

Very nice shot as usual...but did you thank her and get a gold crown as well?

Jul 23, 2015 at 06:05 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Breakfast of champions

Herb Houghton wrote:

..........Hmmmmm at $700.00. Great shot Eric. DDS or DMD?

Jul 23, 2015 at 07:13 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Breakfast of champions

Ted ellis wrote:
..........Hmmmmm at $700.00. Great shot Eric. DDS or DMD?

$700?...the going rate around here is $1200CDN and I thought about the same in the US although their may be more competition driving down prices there.

DDS or DMD....doesn't make a lick of difference anyways...Harvard introduced the DMD with more emphasis put on medical training in the first two years. DDS typically have less medical and problem based learning but now a days it is just tradition and the university keeps their traditional degree even though the actual program could be identical to a DMD program.

Jul 24, 2015 at 08:07 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Breakfast of champions

arbitrage wrote:
$700?...the going rate around here is $1200CDN and I thought about the same in the US although their may be more competition driving down prices there.

DDS or DMD....doesn't make a lick of difference anyways...Harvard introduced the DMD with more emphasis put on medical training in the first two years. DDS typically have less medical and problem based learning but now a days it is just tradition and the university keeps their traditional degree even though the actual program could be identical to a DMD program.

I really have no clue what the cost of the crown will be but $700 -900 sounds about right....the dentist is one of our closest friends and so I never pay attention to what we get charged...plus dental insurance pays for most of it I suspect. But honestly, the time savings is worth much more than the whatever the cost might be. And yes, Geoff is of course correct that there is no difference in the degree designation....which in fact I had never paid any attention to in the past.

Eric

Jul 24, 2015 at 08:22 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Breakfast of champions

eyelaser wrote:
I really have no clue what the cost of the crown will be but $700 -900 sounds about right....the dentist is one of our closest friends and so I never pay attention to what we get charged...plus dental insurance pays for most of it I suspect. But honestly, the time savings is worth much more than the whatever the cost might be. And yes, Geoff is of course correct that there is no difference in the degree designation....which in fact I had never paid any attention to in the past.

Eric

I would have done it for $40CDN and a free eagle nest tour....just saying..... Maybe I would have even cleaned off the spare bed which is littered with lenses and bodies right now.....

Jul 24, 2015 at 08:45 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Breakfast of champions

arbitrage wrote:
I would have done it for $40CDN and a free eagle nest tour....just saying..... Maybe I would have even cleaned off the spare bed which is littered with lenses and bodies right now.....

NOW, you tell me! Crap, I can always
use a new best friend/dentist....you do run a hard bargain....when my son went last year for a cleaning she then took him out to one of the best steak restaurants in the NY area,...how''s that, free cleaning and also take you a fancy dinner. I just give cheesy paper sunglasses I may take you up on your offer, sans crown for next season....that should give you plenty of time to find a place for your collection of lenses to sleep

Jul 24, 2015 at 08:56 AM
conebeam
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Breakfast of champions

arbitrage wrote:
Yes the crown in two hours is with the CEREC (or possibly the competitor E4D)....I've been using that since 2010 at my previous office but just moved offices so don't have the CEREC. However, I now have an in house lab that uses CEREC LAB and can still get me a crown in 2hrs so no big loss. Still I live in the Yukon home of the world's largest gold rush so gold crowns are still very popular here so labs are still doing just fine!!

Eric,

CEREC is the way to go these days. At the same time, how about a cone beam CT to see the apices if there are no periapical lesions and the crack is not down to the root? :-)

I had one of my endo residents do a root canal on a tiger. Even if the tiger is sleeping, I would keep away.

-Mansur

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:52 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Breakfast of champions

Herb Houghton wrote:

___

Yes, methinks he needs a visit to the dentist.

Jul 24, 2015 at 05:49 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.