New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Card Readers Help

Sebastien_82
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Card Readers Help

Hey guys, just wanted to get some input on card readers (CF)...I've always used the Sandisk image mate because of the sleek cool look but I've gone through 3 now and now I'm just looking for a good sturdy card reader.

Jul 21, 2015 at 07:44 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Card Readers Help

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1141181-REG/lexar_lrw400crbna_professional_usb_3_0_dual.html

it simply works well.

Jul 21, 2015 at 08:00 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Card Readers Help

Great reader, better deal here....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FEFQDA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A13BNE3P7C8THK

Jul 21, 2015 at 08:32 AM
Sebastien_82
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Card Readers Help

Thanks, I've been checking on those...I was debating on buying one of those or like 4-5 transcend card readers because they're cheap

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:42 AM
Daboyle
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Card Readers Help

I vote - Lexar CFR1, or Lexar SR2 . It's cheaper than the other Lexar readers initially, works independent of the hub, and you can eventually expand to the hub system with up to 4 readers, combination of formats, and also even a 512 GB HDD, per slot. I have one with dual SD and dual CF slots. I can just dump my 2 SD's and 2 CF cards onto my computer through the unit and walk away. I don't have to keep re-loading cards.

If you buy the other reader, and then decide you need another one, well you are now using 2 usb slots. I love the clean format of the Hub reader, and the fact that it features interchangeable readers. If you're just a hobbyist though and don't need multiple card reading capability, then the other reader that user's have suggested are better.

When I'm on the go, I can simply remove one of the readers and have a cord already packed in my laptop bag.

Downside is the hub is not tiny.

http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-Workflow-UHS-II-LRWSR2RBNA/dp/B00P0MXC9O/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437493543&sr=1-5&refinements=p_89%3ALexar&pebp=1437493570632&perid=0ZGEHV2QYB4AGMFPN9XM

http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-Workflow-CompactFlash-LRWCFR1RBNA/dp/B00EJ8CKPC/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437493543&sr=1-4&refinements=p_89%3ALexar&pebp=1437493494327&perid=0ZGEHV2QYB4AGMFPN9XM

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:51 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Card Readers Help

trenchmonkey wrote:
Great reader, better deal here....

Not a better deal because they're not the same product. The link to our page is for the
MFR # LRW400CRBNA. The same item on Amazon's site is a whopping $1.83 more than the B&H price. Your link went to the older LRW307URBNA, not sold by Amazon BTW.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jul 21, 2015 at 01:29 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Card Readers Help

Whatever, works just fine...and free shipping.
Just tryin' to save the OP some money...

Jul 21, 2015 at 01:37 PM
Roland W
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Card Readers Help

I also would recommend one of the Lexar pop up style readers, and have had great luck with them. I have the slightly older version, but would likely recommend getting the current one like the model in the link to B&H. Considering I am a die hard for Sandisk cards, it was initially hard for me to buy a Lexar reader, but you will find that a lot of people think they are the best, and have been for several years. Note that the pop up feature is kind of strange, and sometimes breaks after some use. But you can just remove the core reader out of the pop up assembly if you want, and end up with a smaller and lighter package that looks and works great.

Jul 21, 2015 at 01:59 PM
Sebastien_82
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Card Readers Help

Thanks guys, i went with the Lexar Professional Workflow CFR1, i like the look...lol. But I'll def try the pop up one if this doesn't work out, thanks again!

Jul 22, 2015 at 09:05 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.